3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Primative field points  (Read 320 times)

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Primative field points
« on: July 26, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »
I'm entering a 3D shoot a week on Sunday. We now have a new class for 'Primative' arcery, introduced earlier this year. Essentially it means shooting a selfbow (rather than a glass longbow/recurve) & self nocked wooden arrows, with no rest or sighting aid.
I bought a beaut of a selfbow in the St Judes auction & I've made up a dozen self nocked arrows, but it's kinda offending my sense of what's 'Primative' to glue on a set of steel field points.

Does anyone have any pictures/ideas as to what I could possibly use/make instead of production points?

The only stipulation is that they must not 'Unescesarrily damage targets' so trade points are out. (Shame. I've just made a dozen too   :rolleyes:  )
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Primative field points
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
I'd go with the regular points so you can shoot this weekend but then look for some of those points that look like your English bodkin points.I forget where I saw them but they are more "old fashioned" looking than the regular field points but would not hurt the targets.
BTW,I always get a kick out of that Hemingway quote on your post.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
yup rob those english bodkin target points i think quicks archery have em.type in quicks archery  :thumbsup:  good luck on ya 3d bro
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
Rob, I like the look of these guys but I dont know if they would do more damage to the targets or not.  

http://www.bowsite2.com/aceshopping/product1.asp?SID=2&Product_ID=149
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
Yep,those are the ones that I was thinking of.Good job finding them Tim.  :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©