3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Garage sales!!!!  (Read 606 times)

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Garage sales!!!!
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
:saywhat:      now Im bachlor and Im not the garage sale type ( didnt think I was : ) now I am...the best part is after bare shafting test them they fly great out of my son's and one of my bows. Ya see if that wasnt enough the lady having the sale had couple of boxes of case XX pocket knifes now I have been collectng case knives since the 5th grade , the same year Howard Hill shot an archery expetion at my elementary school. So know its raining here its really nasty outside ,, so Im making arrows...and all because of a Garge sale treasure! LOL       :wavey:        ever find a archery or bowhunting treasure at a garage sale?...Lets see there is one Friday Sat Sun on the south side of town, do you suppose there might be another archer suprise..     :)           :)            :goldtooth:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Adam Mooney

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Garage sales!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »
Mark, Im right there with ya bud.. I am a bachalor and I alway look at the garage sales found a few things myself but nothing to write home about. Keep in touch
Adam

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
Very Cool!!!!!  I wish I made more garage sales, just bugs me every weekend all the might-be deals just waiting for me and I am missing them.  I found a shakespeare wonderbow recurcve sometime back at a yard sale for $2.

That was my best yet, but still fun to look for great archery surprizes!!!!!

jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
I am having a garage sale tomorrow. There will be a longbow and some cedar shafts and a couple of knives. None for 2 bucks though...  :D
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
I got a 3d target at one about three years ago. It had about 9 arrow holes in it. 25 bucks  :banghead:  
When I go by them now, I can't resist lookin' to see what's there
Bret M. FullER

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
Found a whole gross of POC shafts one day for about .05 per shaft.  They were selling them as dowel rods.  Kept my buddies in arrows for a few years.

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Went to Irish's house one day to help him move.  Ended up with a whole truckload of stuff for $50.  May be the best $50 I ever spent.  Waiting for him to buy a house at the lake so I can help him out again.   I know he has more bows laying around than any man can shoot.

Offline Trooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
I found a 1970 Super Kodiak 64" 60lbs @ 28.  They were asking $85 for it but I offered $65 and they took it!!  The bow looks like it has never been in the woods.  And no, it's not for sale!
It's not what you kill but how you hunt...

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
Ya know the case knives are worth a bunch!!! made in 1970...WOW!!!still in there box MINT
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
I've found several kids bows for a couple bucks a piece. A bag target for 3 bucks. I also got a Bear Tigercat for 20. Yard sales are hard to pass up for me.
Jason Lester

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
Black widow at at estate sale for 25 bucks was my best buy, i buy a lot of recurves, quiver's, arrows,deer stands,bow fishing reels,knives and hunting equiptment at yard sales/estate sales, also bought s neat signed Ben lee box call at a yard sale this past spring.........i brake for estate/garage sales  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
I got a 1953 Bear Static Recurve at a garage sale.  Meant to put it in the blanket trade at ATAR, but had to leave before I could.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
I've never found anything but a few kids bows.  Have nailed a few pieces of camo...that's about it.  You lucky...bast...uhhhh, gentlemen make me sick.  Guess I'll log off and go look at the garage sale ads for tomorrow!

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
Not me, but a friend, got a camo'ed up Super Kodiak at a swap meet. He brought it by to show me his new prize. When I saw some black showing through where I didn't expect to see it I asked if I could scratch off some of the camo paint. He said OK and we discovered a 67 1/2 Black Beauty underneath. Needless to say, it was stripped and refinished shortly after that.
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »
Never have found anything.   :(

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
A little to feminine for me, so I sent it to Shell

It really needed to have a traditional home        :D  

Brent

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
Brent Shell was FLOORED when she got that broach in the mail. She hit her head on her way down and is a tad under the weather at the moment  :knothead:  . She will be emailing to tomorrow. Buddy you are one of the best. <><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »
Well I surely hope she did'nt hurt herself! I just had to rescue it from its life of being under appriciated. Only a traditional archer could make it shine.

Brent  :campfire:

Offline Flesner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
I love to go to those thing's. Funniest purchase for me was a leather mini skirt. I wanted it for the leather to use on selfbow handles.

I never did explain to the lady why I wanted it, I could tell her imagination was in overdrive, though.   :D  

Got it for 25 cents!  :thumbsup:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Flesner, nothing suprizes me anymore. For example Bernie cross dressing with pom poms  :D    :jumper:  

Brent

PS Great buy!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©