3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The blocks to BIG FOOT bow transformation has begun!  (Read 7301 times)

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The blocks to BIG FOOT bow transformation has begun!
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
Kirk, those are some of the best bows I think you have ever done!
James Kerr

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #421 on: April 02, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
OK the shock has passed T and J the bows look great .   :clapper:    :clapper:
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #422 on: April 02, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
I'm so sorry Pete...   :(

He'll make it right man.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #423 on: April 02, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »
Pete, I'm sure this is the first time this has happened to any bowyer or any bow... OK, not really. If I've got any bead on Kirk, you'll have no idea where those spots were and it won't effect performance at all. I'm surprised he was so up front about what happened on the bench.

Hey Rick! Yes, at 60" this will be the longest bow at Camp (H)Ambush this year  :)  I'll do my best to get around the swamps with this as my handicap    :biglaugh:  

Got all my hunting clothes hanging now, half my stuff is packed already. I figure I'll be all about twisting strings and tuning arrows as soon as this arrives. I've got a dozen shafts to fletch and 6 broadheads to sharpen while the USPS is doing their part. PM me if you need me to shuttle gear down for you guys.
Thom

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #424 on: April 02, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
Already made it right John.... wa-chew-talkin-bout willis?

Here ya go Pete.... sorry for the butter finger routine... i hate it when that happens.

The string is toos short on this thing in the strung photos.... yours ist going to brace down there around 6.25" -6.5"  i had to find a different string.

You still think you wanna call this "Plane Jane"?

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #425 on: April 02, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
Nice! That was a sweet looking bow before the amber, now it's absolutely amazing! You've got the performance bump of the black glass and walnut cores and that nice black accent fang to tie it together. Ebony tips are a nice bonus too! Can't wait to see it in person at Comptons!!!
Thom

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #426 on: April 02, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
Man, you guys are getting some good lookin bows!   :thumbsup:   Thom I think we're good on space, we've pared it down abit from our usual "full on safari" load  :biglaugh:
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #427 on: April 02, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
!!!AWESOME!!!
   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #428 on: April 02, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
I knew Kirk would "geterdone" I think he was just pulling my leg about dropping it, but with all the coffee this morning he could have had the shakes  :bigsmyl:  
It is amazing what the "Ugly Duckinig Me Arse"turned into.   :bigsmyl:  All jokeing aside,Kirk, thanks for a great looking bow.    :thumbsup:  
 All three bows are as John stated
    !!!AWSOME!!!

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #429 on: April 02, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
Hell yeah he did!

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #430 on: April 02, 2012, 11:38:00 PM »
The crazy thing is our journey is coming to the end...I still expect to see some proud owners and their reviews though...lol

but Kirk....the man is gonna start the process all over again...kinda unbelievable really..piece of art after piece of art after piece of art...and on and on.

THAT shows skill and talent.

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #431 on: April 03, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »
You are not going to believe this.... but i just laid out an aluminum riser....   :scared:    :scared:  

oh i'll be doing some wood decorations, but i thought i'd try putting together a FITA rig.   :archer2:    :archer2:    :archer2:    

in my spare time of course...

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #432 on: April 03, 2012, 01:06:00 AM »
lol!

That'll be cool to see.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #433 on: April 03, 2012, 01:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by The Whittler:
I do like that 1pc what are the specks. Kirk you do make beautiful looking bows, if they shoot just half as good as they look they should be awesome.
The one piece is a 62" Sasquatch Long bow.
It might get shortened to 60" to make it perfect.

It's 46.2# at 29.25".
The riser is bocote with blood wood and black glass "pin stripes" with a zebrawood fang footing.

The limbs are walnut cored with bocote veneers.

Tips are bloodwood, black glass, & bubinga.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #434 on: April 03, 2012, 02:24:00 AM »
Pete,
I really like how the amber tint went beyond just giving the rich color on your bow..it also made the accents stand out a bit more.

It looks GREAT!

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #435 on: April 03, 2012, 07:19:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Kirkll:
You are not going to believe this.... but i just laid out an aluminum riser....    :scared:      :scared:  

oh i'll be doing some wood decorations, but i thought i'd try putting together a FITA rig.    :thumbsup:  might you have it at Baltimore?
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #436 on: April 03, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »
"It might get shortened to 60" to make it perfect."  
I can't imagine cutting off or covering up any more of that bocote!  Would you be able to reuse those awesome tip overlays if you did?
Thom

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
I asked for something similar...   :help:
...cause I do find them pretty darn cool..

Kirk says it WILL be a better bow at 60"

I'd be stupid not to trust the man.

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #438 on: April 03, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
John are you going to have it shrunk?????

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #439 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »
yeah just gonna soak it and put it in the oven for a couple hrs..I don't know how he does it...The guy is amazing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©