3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The blocks to BIG FOOT bow transformation has begun!  (Read 7276 times)

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The blocks to BIG FOOT bow transformation has begun!
« Reply #520 on: April 07, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by owlbait:
If you take it off the "back" of the limb, won't it come out of the nocks?   :bigsmyl:  
Owlbait, Not with the horizontal stability that these bows have bro. They don't even need string grooves./ You can't twist one of those limbs.

Thom, I gotta have a string like that for my own bow bro.

Grin

God bless you all, Steve

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #521 on: April 07, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
I probably missed that one 100 posts back!   :bigsmyl:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #522 on: April 07, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Owlbait, I warn you, Do not do that. You will get ruined. Seriously now. Take a deep breath and put the bunny down!!!!!What will you do if you find out that this is for real? It could ruin you forever.

:biglaugh:  

God bless you , Steve

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #523 on: April 07, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Doc years ago I shot in the house,brain fart,door bell rings , scares the xxxx out of me , hole in the garage door, wife mad as hell ,still a few HONEY DOS left on that one.Its like I never get caught up on the "HD"list  :archer:
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #524 on: April 07, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Wow, I missed a bunch of good stuff after I took off this afternoon!!!

Pete, I'm so glad your bow made it! Best of luck on your hunt! We need some pics when you get back!

Steve, John, Pete; glad you guys like the string too. This is absolutely my favorite string of all of the ones I've made to date. The strand recipe is up there Steve, have at it!

Kirk, I took the limb profile pic before I even measured brace or center served the string. It was down at 7" at that time. I looked at it braced at 7.75 and 8.0, but it doesn't look that much different than 7.5. 7.5 is the only height I've actually shot it at so far, I may creep it up just a touch from here.

Just taking my time getting to know the bow, learning her ins and outs. Next time I'm going to use my 59" AMO peg so it won't take so many twists to hit the right brace height. I've got 50 shots on this string now and zero creep, time to install the silencers and start resting my shoulder for Monday!
Thom

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #525 on: April 07, 2012, 11:40:00 PM »
Thom,
Maybe you can't see the difference between a 7" brace and 7.5" on it, but i sure can... 7.5" is fine bro.

Come on Steve... Don't go over board here. You can twist these  glass limb bows if you reef on them.
Now the carbon backed limbs like you have on yours definitely have more torsional stability.

btw... old Mike G owlbait here is just casting his fly upon the waters here, and i ain't rising to the bait. Never could understand why some guys just love to stir the pot so much. but i guess you get used to it after while. don't go for it Steve. it ain't worth taking too serious.

btw... i got your ebony and Bocote ready to ship Monday...

Man i about spit coffee on my screen on the "Put the bunny down" line.    :laughing:      :laughing:   too funny.

Good luck on your hunt Pete!  Go get that Talon all bloody bro! You'll have a clean one to play with when you get home.

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #526 on: April 08, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Oh I did see a big difference between 7.0 and 7.5 inches! I was trying to say I couldn't see much change between 7.5 and my longer checks at 7.75 and 8.0 inches. Sitting at 7 5/8ths now, that's where I'll shoot it Monday night.

One thing I noticed is this thing is very forgiving of spine, I don't know if it's this exact bow or this design in general. I've done test shooting with shafts varying 3" in length, and tips varying 50 grains. I don't think there was any combo I was disappointed with. The longest/heaviest combo did hit a bit low at first, but the penetration was incredible! 34" to BOP, 175 grain up front, 645 total grain weight, coming in around 10.5 gpp.

Looking forward to hearing these other guys escapades!
Thom

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #527 on: April 08, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #528 on: April 08, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
Thank you
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #529 on: April 08, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
On track guys please. Don't dig up old graves.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #530 on: April 08, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
Put down the bunny, Greatest lines spoken in a movie. I believe Bro Kirk got it. LOl./

God bless you all,
Steve

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #531 on: April 08, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
I do love humor, but it sure is hard to throw it in here and there just using text....

Thom, If you stick with the 10 gpp on that bow you'll be measuring how far it sticks in the dirt on the other side of that hog I'll bet.   :thumbsup:    i'm sure hoping to see some pics of you holding that bow over a hog.   :pray:    :pray:

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #532 on: April 08, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
That would be great!

...man what time is it?...I think this clock is slow..
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #533 on: April 09, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »
I'm not worried about getting pass through on game, I'm trying to get pass through on one of those special broadhead catching targets  :)

I sure hope this is the trip it comes together for me. I'm geared up, weather is right, I was just there scouting two months ago. I really hope I've got a nasty pig to pose with this weekend!
   :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #534 on: April 09, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
My Wife sent me this a few mins ago....

Said she'll bring it by....

:eek:    :eek:    :scared:    :scared:    :eek:    :eek:

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #535 on: April 09, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
So, more excited or nervous???

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #536 on: April 09, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
YEP

all of the above lol.

ohh gotta go she's here...!!!

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #537 on: April 09, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
While John is off winning the lottery, here is an old PM from last fall that I sent to some guy who stared a thread about looking for a hybrid bow:

"Kirk at Big Foot Bows has an interesting story. You might want to give him a call before he gets too busy.
Thom"

"Thanks for the heads up on these bows. I've seen the ads here and there in the forums but never clicked on them. After, looking at the site and seeing some good pics of the bows they grew on me quick! Looks like a lot of out of the box thinking. I like that. Thanks again for finally getting me to take a good look.
John Kelley"

How cool is that?    :cool:  
Thom

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #538 on: April 09, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
Out of the box thinking. I have seen a few people try to stick KIrk in that boxd. He Is like me , We don't fit. Kirk does not take anything as being set in stone until he proves or disproves it for himself. We are both old carpenters and understand that there is almost always a way. Its just a matter of figuering it all out.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #539 on: April 10, 2012, 05:32:00 AM »
I was playing with my new video camera last night getting ready for my pig hunt, and I found a video from my first night at the range with my new Sasquatch on the memory card!

If you want to see some limbs bend, and how quiet this bow is even before I put silencers on it:

Thom

PS, yes John, I'm stalling for you because we all really want to see more of your bow!  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©