3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Turkey Broadheads  (Read 344 times)

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turkey Broadheads
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 09:38:00 AM »
I should be using either 175gr Simmons Tiger Sharks or the VPA Terminator 1 1/4" I just got from Big Jim yesterday...not that broadhead choice has mattered before LOL!  I CAN tell you which broadhead is best for shaving feathers.  :)
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline rayzor150

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turkey Broadheads
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 01:43:00 AM »
I agree if you hit the head, neck, back or centerpunch the vitals any head will do.  I killed the first bird with the Spur prototype and am responsible for the general design.  I had a few arrows blow through birds only to have them fly off and become coyote bait. I had also  had flight issue with some "head choppers" I tried.  I set out to design a turkey head of our own. I wanted a head that would do maxim damage and either not pass through (where the bird would have to carry it to run or fly) or to pass the maximum amount of energy to the bird before it passed through. Maximum energy transfer is achieved through rapid decelleration. This is acheived on the VPA Spur in two ways. The gap between the front section and the "spur" blades capture feathers, meat and bone as it turns and the leading edges of the "spur" blades are not sharpened so they tear instead of slice.  They do major damage and perform as they were designed.  warning:  they are very hard on broadhead targets so you will only want to shoot a time or two to verify point of impact!  All VPA products carry a satifaction guartantee.  If you aren't happy with them return them for a refund!  Bowhunter magazine called the SPur the wickedest looking broadhead of the year in 2011.  Nice double beard with 1 1/2" Spurs killed with them on opening day last spring was on the cover of Ohio Outdoor News.  They are available from the rayzor-vpa.com webstore.  Coupon code:tradgang get you free shipping.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©