3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nock High????  (Read 354 times)

Offline ChadF

• Trad Bowhunter
Nock High????
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
Alright Guys, I need some input. No matter what I do, I get a nock high arrow flight with a bare shaft. I've moved the nock from dead level to 5/8" high with no difference in arrow flight. My bow tiller is dead even and I shoot split fingers. I have two sets of limbs and the arrows fly the same with both. I wouldnt care much but Iit seems like I can see this when I shoot and Im afraid it's going to effect broadhead flight. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nock High????
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »
Try putting a nock set below the arrow as well as above.
You may be torquing the arrow either up or down with your fingers.

John

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
Move your nock point higher if two nocks don't help. 3/4 isn't too high for some set-ups.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline longstick

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 12:08:00 AM »
I have one bow that like Vermonster says requires a higher nock and another that is hardly any all
>>-TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline ChadF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
OK guys, any other suggestions? Ive had the nock from dead level on up to 3/4. Any higher or lower and it gets worse. Could it be something that I am doing. I shoot quite often and I dont have any problems with other bows that I shoot so I think that my form is atleast decsent. I dont know, Im stumped.

Offline O.L. Adcock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
Chad, here's your clue..."Could it be something that I am doing. I shoot quite often and I dont have any problems with other bows that I shoot so I think that my form is atleast decsent."

Look at where the bare shafts group in relation to identical fletched shafts at 20+ yards and IGNORE shaft angle/nock direction. It tells you nothing.......O.L.
---Six NAA/FITA National and World flight records.----

Offline jonesy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
Nockfit too tight,or finger pinch,or foc to high, or shafts underspined,or your release,or shelf.Take it one problem at a time,I never achieved a perfect horizontal shaft,but my shafts/broadheads fly good enought to fill my freezer.

Offline NW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
I had the same problem with split finger on short bows. Switched to three under and solved my problem. It was easier to switch to three under than ,buy new ,longer limbs.
After makin the adjustment, to three under I much prefer it. I seem to be able to shoot split or three under tiller. So when I buy a used bow it doesn't matter what it is. Try it it's not that hard to change. It may work or not, for you.
Now that we've exhausted all possibilities, lets get started.

Offline ChadF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
Thanks for all the responses guys. O.L., my bare shafts group with my fletched arrows. Tomarrow, I'm shooting broadheads and if they fly O.K. then I'm leaving well enough alone.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©