3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Schafer Silvertip limbs  (Read 165 times)

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
Schafer Silvertip limbs
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
Does anyone have an idea (roughly) what it cost to have a new set of limbs made for a silvertip?  I talking with an exotic wood veneer.  Just trying to get some idea tonight since it is too late to reach Dave or Beth.  Thanks!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Schafer Silvertip limbs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
About $570 with shipping and all. Maybe a bit more if you get real fancy. Mine should be done in about 4 weeks. When I ordered them in January it was a 4 month wait!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
Ron, I appreciate the follow-up.  I have a chance to buy a Silvertip but I need something in more of my weight class.  As I get older it gets harder to draw those heavy weight bows.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
That's what I did. I got a used one 52#@29 and ordered a set of limbs 46#@29. I got plain Janes with black glass and non FF. I can shoot the 52# limbs just fine but I like to have a lighter set for 3-D and stumping. LOL.... I'm not getting any younger   :goldtooth:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Dan Adair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:15:00 AM »
He's got some limbs roughed out that other customers welched on.  Might see if something fits your needs.

My last set were shedua veneers, and antelope tips to make it FF friendly and were right around 500.  No freight, I live close to Dave.

Offline Dan Adair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 05:17:00 AM »
Oh...

He's also got two gently loved bows for sale in the 650 range.  Don't remember the specifics

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
I think that you will find it is closer to $750. with the exotic veniers, antler limb tips, and shipping.
Ken Thornhill

Offline Greg Dearth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
What weight of limbs are you looking for? I have a pair of non FF limbs that I would sell . They are 60# @ 27" on a 17" riser , making a 60" bow. I would let them go for $325.00.

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Greg, I would be looking for something around the 50# @ 28" mark.  Not the "he" man I used to be!  I appreciate the offer!

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
I have a used Schafer on its way to me but the draw weight is around 66# at 28".  Riser is Bocote so would be looking for limbs in the 47 - 52# range at 28".  I have a call into Dave to see what he has or can do for me.  Other I will advertise here to see what is out there for sale or trade.  Thanks all!

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
I spoke with Dave today and the wait is still around 4 months and I am looking at around $600+ for limbs configured the way I want.  Time to start saving my penny's.  From everything I have been told it is worth the money and the wait!

Online CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
My limbs are due in a couple more weeks! They are gonna be around 51#@28" standard walnut   :goldtooth:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©