3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Show me your Fire Flies  (Read 471 times)

Offline Mac11700

• Trad Bowhunter
Show me your Fire Flies
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Hey guys...thanks to a awesome Trad Ganger Bowhuntr...I am getting one...his...and it has a lot of good mojo coming along with it...so I am pumped...so...if you could..for those that have some pictures of them..please post them up...would love to see what you all have and your feelings on them..

Thanks Guys

Mac

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show me your Fire Flies
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Hey Mac,

Glad you are excited, the bow shipped out this morning so you should have it no later than Friday. These are some pictures of the bow that is in the mail to Mac.

So come on guys post up some pictures of your Firefly bows and some comments so Mac can know what to expect!
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Mac11700

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
Awesome Bro...can't wait...I sent your tracking info to your e-mail...and it's supposed to be there Thursday...

Thanks for posting the pictures..hopefully others will as well...

Mac

Offline flippnsticks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »

Its hard to catch the beauty of a fly. But they shoot great, smooth draw, and are a work of art.

Offline Mac11700

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
Very nice flippnsticks...real purty..

Mac

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
Hey Mac,that is one beautiful bow you have comin and you couldn't deal with a better fella than Dan,all the best with her.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
Wow!  That those are great looking bows.  I love the artistry that our custom bowyers are putting out.  What are the limb lams on the bow from Bowhuntr?

Offline Mac11700

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »
Thanks Steve...I appreciate the nice words..and I could tell from my phone conversations with him he is one of the "good guys" here..

Mac

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
The lams on the limbs of the bow I traded to Mac are Waterfall Bubinga. The riser is Cocabolo and Yellowheart. Jim Johnson sure makes great shooting, beautiful bows!
    Thanks for the kind words Steve, hope all is well in the North country. I sure regret not figuring out a way to try and get together with you when I was up in Saskatchewan bear hunting!
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
Dan,It won't happen again! We will get together my friend!Seeing that Firefly makes me wish I had of bit the bullet on her,Man shes nice!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Mac11700

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
Hmm..strange...I thought there were more guys shooting these bows...?

Mac

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
Hey Mac,
   Here is a link to a previous thread on the same topic that has some nice pictures and some comments.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=111971;p=1

If you want to see some other pictures you can got the the Braveheart Archery website there should be a link in the Sponsors links section.

Offline Mac11700

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Thanks Bro...man-o-man he sure does build some pretty bows...WOW...

Will check out the sponsors links...and see what's in there..

Thanks Again

Mac

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
Dont worrie Mac Fire Flys are one of the best takedown longbows Ive shot and the workmanship is top notch .
" Live long and prosper "

Offline Mac11700

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by BRITTMAN:
Dont worrie Mac Fire Flys are one of the best takedown longbows Ive shot and the workmanship is top notch .
I'm not worried my friend...just very very anxious...lol...lol...lol

Mac

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
My sentiment hasn't changed since I first got it.  The firefly in my avatar is the best shooting bow that I've personally shot and remains the standard that I compare others to.  I shoot other bows also, but the firefly will remain with me.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline WRV

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
Nice looking bows!
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Offline Xebice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
As it so happens, I just received a new Firefly from Mr. Jones just yesterday!  I put in my order about 5 weeks ago, and lo and behold, it is already here!  Riser is bocote and bubinga, with wenge and maple accent stripes. I ordered two sets of limbs, one 42# at 31", and the second 52# at 31".  The first set has waterfall bubinga veneers, the second has bocote.  Both have actionboo cores.  When I placed an order with Jim, I asked that he try and make the grip similar to that on my Dwyer Dauntless.  All he asked for was a tracing of the riser.  It feels like he had a mold of my hand!  Let me get this photobucket thing figured out, and I'll post some pics.

Offline Xebice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »
As it so happens, I just received a new Firefly from Mr. Jones just yesterday!  I put in my order about 5 weeks ago, and lo and behold, it is already here!  Riser is bocote and bubinga, with wenge and maple accent stripes. I ordered two sets of limbs, one 42# at 31", and the second 52# at 31".  The first set has waterfall bubinga veneers, the second has bocote.  Both have actionboo cores.  When I placed an order with Jim, I asked that he try and make the grip similar to that on my Dwyer Dauntless.  All he asked for was a tracing of the riser.  It feels like he had a mold of my hand!  Let me get this photobucket thing figured out, and I'll post some pics.

Offline Xebice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©