3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quinn tiller question  (Read 146 times)

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
Quinn tiller question
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
I just bought a Quinn Stallion Classic from a fella that purchased it new several years ago and never even strung it. While setting up the bow I checked the tiller and its set even.  Does anyone know if Quinns were set originally even or was tiller set by request? Bow seems to be an excellent shooter, but I'm waiting for my Oliverstacy string for final tuning though. I'm a split finger shooter, so I guess I'll just set my nock point so my arrow is level on the shelf and shoot away.
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quinn tiller question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:00 PM »
Hey Benny, I am a Quinnaholic! They were made to shoot split or 3 under, will work great either way, all were made even. Quinns are work horses, fast, quiet and about bombproof. David made these bows to use D-97, I make my own 12 std, with diamond braid ff serving, flemish twist. I have taken a ton of deer withmine, and several turkeys. These bows will shoot much better off an elevated rest, DAvid always used Bear weatherrest, the bow is cut past center, and a bear rest, with one stickpad on the back, will make your average 35/55 be dead center, knock 3/8 high and you are good to go. Mine loves 35/55's cut to length, and 150-175 heads.
  I have spent many hours, and countless emails talking to David Quinn in the last few years before he passed and to his wife as well, truly great folks. Let me know if I can help any other way. Sam.
samuel koger

Offline Reaper TN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quinn tiller question
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:17:00 AM »
Sam, responded to your pm before I seen your post here, so I guess you do own a Quinn or two.  

I put a velcro rest and sideplate with some peep tubing behind it on this bow to try and shoot it off the shelf. I have used NAP centerest flippers on my Hoyt Excel and BBB risers before and will try one of those if not satisfied shooting this bow off the shelf.  I sure hope it will shoot 3555's, I've got at least 3 dozen fletched and laying around. Are you using a Bear Weatherest on your Quinns? Ever use a NAP rest?
TT Pinnacle II  45# 62"
Hoyt Excel  50# 64"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©