3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A young guys struggles  (Read 364 times)

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
A young guys struggles
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:34:00 AM »
Well I'm turning 26 this year, I'm athletic and can't sleep right now because I'm both missing hunting season and counting down the days until the start of next. I'm not sure if its jealousy or just being grump but it seems there is no shortage of guys in the hunting community just waiting to put a young guy down, or remind him of what they have done and what he hasn't.

I personally think there are 2 types of guys I most commonly run into. The ones who are jealous and who likely can't climb "that mountain over there". they usually are out of shape and way over a different hill. Then there are the guys who shoot real wood bows. who cares what shape they're in or what they have done. They mostly keep their success to themselves until you enquirer. they respond saying, "I can't do that anymore", but you could probably find sheep here.

I guess I'm a little P***edd off right now. I posted a picture on my social media account and on came the negative comments.

I personally don't think I have come across anyone like this on trad gang.

thanks for not singling me out because of my age.

thanks,
Dennis
Calvin
Bert
and Ben for teaching me everything I know.
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline ericmerg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A young guys struggles
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:36:00 AM »
im 19 and the guys ive met from here are all topclass, love this palce
any animal you see posted that i say i personally harvested was eaten

" if you have to question if your bow will work you dont have enough bow"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
Awwwwh Maaaan! What i wouldn't give to be 26 years old again right now....Then again, i lived through those years once. I may not the second go round.

i think you may be having a perspective problem. listen to the stories told and savor them, not resent them.   :thumbsup:

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:21:00 AM »
Life will be a lot more fun, relax a bit and don't let someone regardless of age push your buttons. Practice, pick a spot and shoot straight.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »
thanks guys,
I usually let water run off my back, but this situation really irked me. Anyways I'm over now and counting down the days to get my new bow and starting packing for the Yukon.

I guess bows on the little delta will have to get me through the next few months.

Offline wckid2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:00 AM »
It will be here and over before you know it so slow down and enjoy the wait. Some times the wishin and dreaming about the hunt are pretty cool. Just sayin, been out west a bit and the first couple years I burned my self out when I got there worrying about finding the game. It is not just a hunt but an adventure. Good luck in the Yukon sir.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »
Adam don't forget your camera!! And please post some pics for us!   :wavey:

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 02:17:00 AM »
I am 18 and have never had anyone treat my opinion on traditional bowhunting with as much respect as all you guys and gals of Tradgang do. Thanks for being such a supportive and understanding group of people. I can only hope that someday I can share a hunting camp with all of you.
James Kerr

Offline Armand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
Tradgang is a dedicated traditional archery site that is made up of hardcore traditional archers, this is probably one of the most professional run forums in archery i have ever been a member of, the admin here run a real tight ship that most of the moron poster can't handle so they don't hang around here for long, i read some of the rules and think they are a little strong but then it is nice to come to a community and be able to read for post and threads that are informational and enjoyable, i have been a member her for a long time when i joined there were only 200 of us on here and it still runs as smooth now as it did then, thanks Terry for a place we can all call home form the new person just thinking of trying traditional to the seasoned veteran

Offline Armand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
and oh ya i'm with KirkII quit your complaining 26 would be great! 18 even better lol

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 07:38:00 AM »
Keep your skin thick Adam, there's no shortage of people that try to put others down to make themselves feel better. In the end all that matters is how you think of yourself and how you treat others  :)

Keep on truckin' brudda  :thumbsup:
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »
First I would like to say just shooting a real wood bow does not make you a better hunter or a better person. You find good and bad in all people no matter what there choice of weapon. For me I am always trying to learn and become a better hunter and woodsman. You will find great help from experianced hunters willing to share their knowledge. But nothing will replace the experiance you gain through your own trial and error. It by far will be your best teacher. That being said it takes plain old time in the woods. You cant speed time and why would you want to. Be happy with where you are at at this time and set goals to where you want to be. I have never done one thing in my life where I have not run across some negativity. I cant tell you how many people have told me you cant do this or your stupid for dreaming about a certain goal. Dont worry about someone else just worry about you! I know when someone is blowing smoke and I move on. I also know when someone is sincere and I pause to listen. No matter what everyone has something to offer and you will learn something if your mind is open. Even if your talking to a negative person and you walk away with the mind to never be like that and you treat the next person you talk to with respect you learned something. Hunting is a year long gig and although fall is magic time I love all the preseason dreaming and planing. Use that to keep your mind happy.
Scott Teaschner
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Respect,Tact,Honor,and discipline are things that you wont find in society anymore, thank the lord we have TG the only society I want to be part of.

Enjoy the wait for the season, hone your skills and your gear its what makes us better hunters. Patience is a great asset.Tim
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
I can remember being 26 and I still think of it as being one of the best years in my life at that point in time.

I fully expect to make 62 even better that 26 ever thought about being...lol

Take what you can use and leave the rest.

You can easily make up your own mind once you've tried it yourself.

You'll do just fine!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
Thanks All,

I have 8 brothers so you would think I would be a little tougher... hahahaha.

Bjorn,
I'll be snapping pictures like crazy. The area wont be as beautiful as it would be later in the year, but I think it will be still okay  ;)

thanks,
Adam

Offline Glunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
Its hard to see now, but accomplishments will come.  Whether its work, hunting, or whatever, if you keep chipping away you will look back in 20 years and see a long list of stuff you have done.  You will probably also see a long list of stuff you thought would happen that didn't or didn't yet.

When you are looking back, you will realize that the journey and the struggles along the way may not have always been fun at the time, but they will often hold sweeter memories than the ones you have of reaching a goal or destination.

Stay true to yourself and take the high road as often as possible eventhough its often steeper.

Your 26, living in Canada, and you bowhunt.  You have the ingredients for one heck of a journey.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
I'm getting ready to turn 36 and when I look back on the last ten years the only thing I can think of that got through the tougher times was determination.  Although I did not hunt exclusively with traditional equipment back then, I had tried it and realized I wasn't ready.  When I took the leap there was no shortage of strange looks and crude comments.......it made me mad.

You NEED the younger years to get you there.  Keep your head up and go burn some of that energy!
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline zootown2007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »
x2 what everybody else said...your among the best of the best here. Life is short..enjoy your time..go shooting and forget what was said on your "social networking site"

Shoot straight (and enjoy it)
Riley

“What avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »
This is a blind medium. I love that!
When I read a post , I get the ideas. If the ideas strike me, I may go check a profile to see if that will give me more of a notion of where the author is coming from.

Your posts get the same attention from me as those by Ron LaClair or Charlie Lamb. It is only after I read them that I might look to see who made them. After a few years I have an idea who is saying what and why, but at the outset all type looks alike. It is ideas that make us individual, and family. Not age, good or trashy looks, and only somewhat, grammar.    :readit:

Killdeer   :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
At 26, my wife and I just had our first child....he turned 26 yesterday!   Life is just beginning for you, friend.   Don't let things get you down, you have time and youth on your side yet.   Although I'd been bowhunting for some time by then.....at 26, I was still just a "pup", and struggling in a lot of ways.  And hey, I did'nt have trad-gang, or anybody else for that matter, to help me along.   It was a tough journey for a lot of us back before trad became popular again....but a journey I would'nt trade for anything.  Have fun now....and like others have said, enjoy it while you can, because the next 20 or 30 years will go by in a blink.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©