3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A young guys struggles  (Read 363 times)

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A young guys struggles
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
No thanks, I'm about to turn 45 and I wouldn't want to be 26 again.  Mostly because the wife I had back then.  I'd go for 21. ANyhow just hunt when you can and build experiences, treasure them all and sood you'll have as many stories as the old dudes have.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
At the end of the day its not the stories I'm worried about. I love those, just ask the older guys in Alberta. I'm like a sponge I can't seem to get enough. It's the negative energy and responses people make.

I guess if you don't have something nice to say then should you really be saying anything.

Anyways thanks for all the comments I didn't mean to seem like a sniveling baby I was just tired at the end of the day and was greeted by some very negative comments on some pictures I'm really proud of.
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
Once you realize its not a competition but a journey, only then will you enjoy the entire process.

I think you are already to that point but most people who are quick with the put downs are not. Often they are the same people who have an "end justifies the means" approach. the same people who wouldn't think twice about getting a head mount on a poached deer then brag about it and have no issue walking past it every day.

I would rather have a few Trad gang minded folks at my fire than 2000 rich, entitled, and self respect lacking folks in camp.

That's why I love it here.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 11:38:00 PM »
"I would rather have a few Trad gang minded folks at my fire than 2000 rich, entitled, and self respect lacking folks in camp.

That's why I love it here."

THAT WHAT I WAS TRYING TO GET AT
hahahaha thanks,
Adam

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »
Adam,

We all have days where someone says something that gets under our skin, something that normally we could handle.  Use it as a reminder to not be that kind of person.  Once you accept that happiness comes from within, the external forces have less impact.

You do what you do because you enjoy it.  It is fun to share what you enjoy with like-minded people.  Apparently, not everyone viewing your social media page can appreciate this.  Set your own goals and standards for accomplishment and don't settle for someone else's idea of success.

Don't let it get you down and do not let it stop you from sharing your interests with others.  If anything, concentrate some of your time and energy on establishing friendships with people that will be supportive and that can find joy in sharing your life and your accomplishments.

I tried to remember what life was like at 26, but my current fat and decrepid self kept blocking my recalling that time of my life; probably to save me from a bout of depression! LOL!
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »
Adam, how about a little background for us; how come you are lucky enough to be headed to NWT? Whatcha' going to be hunting for, when, etc?

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »
Killdeer and Cyclic Rivers sum up my thoughts, especially Charlie's comment about life not being a competition. It took me 60 years to begin to learn that. I would add that most of the things we chase so hard amount to nothing at the end.

You are blessed to be able to hunt in the Yukon. But I suspect even that will turn out to have been greater in the anticipation than the realization.

The guys that keep retelling the stories of their great hunts may be trying to convince themselves that those hunts were great.

On the cloudy rainy days, most of us get a look at the real value of things, and it's a different view than we get reading someone's huning story.

Make friends. Watch your back, but sympathize with enemies, who don't understand life.

Jim
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
Great advice everyone thanks.

Background:
I have been waiting for this hunt for 3 years. My brother inlay who is essentially my best friend/dad/brother offered it to me as incentive to go back to school and get a degree. I grew up in the Yukon and never got a chance to hunt caribou. Well here's my chance. I'll be hounding mountain caribou near the nahanni ridge  At the beginning of august.

Well I'm looking forward to this trip and even more then that I'm looking forward to being done school for good on the 16th of April.

I'll be working for the same company I have been with for 2 years now, but you better believe I already have the time booked of work .

Thanks all,
Adam Brennan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©