3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Explain to me this Texas pig issue...  (Read 1593 times)

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Explain to me this Texas pig issue...
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
If you have a cash crop and its insured you get paid.  

Yep if you buy your insurance you can get it.  It is not just dolled out for free.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline cjgregory

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
No of course not Chris.  :)   If I was a Texas Farmer...I would insure it knowing full well "the hogs is commin".  Its pennies on the dollar. The policy is backed and run by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.  It's not like its a State Farm insurance policy.  State Farm would never insure a crop.  They know better.
You get to keep what you kill.  If it were easy there would be no value in it.
64" Silvertip 58# @ 31"

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ground Hunter:
Del Savio 99% of Texas land is privately owned.  I live in those wide open spaces you mention.  As far as you can see - private land.  All - private land. Land tamed not by force of arms.  Land tamed by 2 strand barbed wire laid by fathers for their sons.
Hmmm. I'm reading a fascinating book right now on how Texas was very much "tamed by force of arms" from the Comanches who's archery and horsemanship skills took more than 250 years for Spaniards, Mexicans and Texans to overcome. The barbed wire came later.

Oh, and humans are not more closely related to pigs than monkeys..... It's just that the pigs heart is the right size and readily available. Even Dick Cheney would have a hard time getting his hands on a gorilla heart!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©