3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Two Tracks Ambush Recurve  (Read 418 times)

Offline texas

• Trad Bowhunter
Two Tracks Ambush Recurve
« on: March 23, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
Could anyone give me some insight on the Ambush Recurve made by Two Track . I'am interested in this bow and would like some comments about how it shoots etc . , any info appreciated . Thanks

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Two Tracks Ambush Recurve
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
I have a bunch of longbows and only 1 recurve.  It is a Two Track Ambush.  Awesome for shooting out of a blind, I can sit flat on my butt and shoot normal.  Throws a very heavy arrow with authority.  Nice short length is a joy to walk thru he brush with.  I shoot 3 fingers under and draw 28 1/2" and there is no uncomfortable finger pinch.  A friend of mine drew it back to 31 1/2" and launched a rocket out of it.  I put on a leather grip myself just because I like the way worn leather feels and looks.  It did need some of Chuck's (Two Tracks) string silencers to quiet it down, but I do not know of a recurve that shoots quiet without a set.  

If I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat.  If you like a short powerful bow, you are asking about the right one.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Great quality, craftsmanship, and design. I've shot a few of Chuck's Ambush recurves. Smooth and fast. I draw to 29' with no problem. Chuck does an excellent job of working the woods you want into a great short bow!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline flcrkr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
I've always wondered whats the difference between two tracks and the belcher ambush? They both look the same. Same length, etc....

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
I've had my eye on one for a while now....I got a place where I need a SHORT bow....for a certain application....and that would fit the bill...AND, it would also fit the bill as a recovery bow in the same area....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
Shot one at the Spring fling and let me tell ya,,It is the Perfect Blind and Treestand Bow..I bought some of his silencers and talked with him a Bit,and he is one Talented Dude..I have bought 12 bows this year under 58" and his 50" Ambush will hang with them all...It is the Bang for the Buck Bow....

Offline tree dancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »
Chuck made one for my grandaughter.
I have shot it some.
The Ambush is the real deal.A shooter and a looker for sure.
What a great bow for a ground blind.
George

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
The Ambush is a superb bow. Mike has it nailed. Chuck really builds a fine bow. Get one, you'll be glad you did!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
Great short bow...heck just a great bow all the way around!  I've shot one that was I believe [email protected] draw to just over 29" and it was smooth as butter!

Also if you've ever met Chuck in person you'd know why it’s smooth out to longer draw lengths.

Thanks,

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
Grabbed one from the classifieds recently - coco and osage w/ skins on the limbs. The bow is beautiful and the finish is superb.  With that said the shocker is when you shoot it.  I laughed at first, thinking I'd been had but was really surprised when I shot it.  It shoots fast, hard, and accurate.  Really great purchase.
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Chuck's 50" Ambush is unbelievable!!!  Anyone who has shot the 48" bows from the 60's knows about finger pinch.  The Ambush has none!!  Fast, hard hitting, quiet, accurate-Chuck's Ambush has it all!!
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
Selfbow19953 shot one the other night at a league shoot.  Quite an impressive little bow.  Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship.

I believe he will be carrying it when we go down to Ray's this week for a hog hunt.  I'll know for sure Thursday morning cause I'm drivin'.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Yes I will, Kyle.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
One of the fastest yet quietest recurves I ever shot!  Oh and try to find a flaw with Chuck's work...ain't gonna happen.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Thanks for your replies and info , this should help me make a decision , sounds like a great bow , and bowyer .

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
can we see some pics please?

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by bayhunter:
can we see some pics please?
It's the one on the left.

Pulled 28 1/2"

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
So Mike, was that a like a "rocket" because it was going so fast, or because the arrow exploded?    :knothead:  

As a long draw guy, I can testify this thing is amazingly smooth all the way back. I have no idea how this design works but it doesn't stack and the finger pinch is less than many other recurves I've shot, including my own 60".

Kinda wish I had a picture of me shooting that bow, it would be a very cool comparison!
Thom

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by sticksnstones:
So Mike, was that a like a "rocket" because it was going so fast, or because the arrow exploded?     :knothead:    

As a long draw guy, I can testify this thing is amazingly smooth all the way back. I have no idea how this design works but it doesn't stack and the finger pinch is less than many other recurves I've shot, including my own 60".

Kinda wish I had a picture of me shooting that bow, it would be a very cool comparison!
Thom
Both Thom.  I kept thinking the string was going to pull off, but nope, it just kept coming back for more.

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 08:22:00 PM »
There will be a "plethora"(well 3 of them anyway) of Two Tracks (H)Ambush bows at Hog Heaven in 3 weeks.  My buddy Doug, my son Sean and I all shoot 'em.  :thumbsup:   Chuck's Long Walker is a sweet shooter too.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©