3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Holm-Made River Runner  (Read 151 times)

Offline Coach Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
Holm-Made River Runner
« on: March 25, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
I would like some feedback on this bow.  My last bow was a GN Ghost that I loved everything about but did not seem to get a feel for the grip.  How will the River Runner shoot in comparison?  Will it shoot as quiet?  Also have considered an Arroyo.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Holm-Made River Runner
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Tough to compare these bows with th elittle information.

I am not a fan of straight grips. the only GN I shot had a straight grip. The arrows were fast and true but the bow didn't click with me.

I have liked both the river runner and the arroyo. Both great bows but the grips on the two I tried, were more my style.  They also had fast arrows and hit where I wanted them to.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
I have owned both, still have a River Runner, Ghost and a River Runner are similar in style but really really 2 totally different bows.I sold my Ghost becaus it was to heavy for me.....still a fine bow and I would buy another. My River Runner is my go to bow right now. If both had similar specs either would be a good choice!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline EHK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
I like the river runner as well.  Shoots quiet, plenty fast, and a beautiful bow to look at.  Chad is a true artist and his customer service is second to none.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©