3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hoyt buffalo problem  (Read 140 times)

Offline kiwi

• Trad Bowhunter
hoyt buffalo problem
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
hi guys, i have picked up a hoyt buffalo,i have noticed that there is a very fine hair line split in the top coat of glass in the middle of the top limb about 3in up from the riser runs about 6in then stops then 3mm to the side of that one there is another that runs another 6in up, n,, ther appears to be not twist in the limb etc and not effect to the bow perfomance, i only just got the bow sent over from us 2nd hand,ask owner and he said never noticed any thing,,,,should i be worryed about it or just keep shooting, i was worried about hunting in wet weather   would itbe likely to absorb water???
many thanks/

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hoyt buffalo problem
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
Mayb dribble in some Loctite into the cracks. Chances are they are in the finish only. If in doubt, call Hoyt.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
I had a one for a while and it had some harmless streaks in the finish. Can you feel the cracks with your finger or snag them with your fingernail? You could not with mine. If you could post close up pics it might help.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline kiwi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
yeah if i run something over the split ie the tip of a feild piont you can feel it, i marked with a marker pen a you could see the ink slowly absorb a little in the split, impossible to see how deep it is, im hoping its just the top coat, someone has suggested using finger nail laquer on it??

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
If I could feel it, I would have it checked out if it were mine. Good luck, hope it's just cosmetic.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©