3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Parabolic VS Shield Cut  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Incognito

• Trad Bowhunter
Parabolic VS Shield Cut
« on: January 15, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
What are the advantages of one VS the other. Is one faster than the other one? Is one quieter than the other one? I have only shot parabolic, but am thinking of trying the shield cut. Also, there was a post on here somewhere with a bunch oc pics of fletched arrows. Does anybody remember what that name of was? I am wanting to see some differant colors together. Im wanting to do something differant, tired of the same old same old.

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Parabolic VS Shield Cut
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
Hey Chad,

I've shot both and couldn't tell any difference other than the look. I like the look of the shield cut, myself......Mike

Offline Longbows4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
same here maybe a little more noise along with drag but not much i like the looks better to. i might try that t-hawk cut 3rivers has it looks like a mix between both.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
I think the thing that makes the most difference between the 2 is the profile...Higher profile will definately make more noise and I think you will find higher profiles on shield cut

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 06:11:00 AM »
Just more noise with the sheilds.They are not bad if you keep them small however.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
I can't really tell much difference in noise with smaller shields.  Plus the shields look much better to me.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
i have noticed that my shields are more effected by cross winds. they also are a tad noisier. never chrono'd them but in my minds sight the parabolics travel faster or maybe it's just smoother.

shield cut looks 300 times better!
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 11:00:00 AM »
What I,m saying is just based on my shooting. I like the looks of shield, but where I live on the high plains we deal with alot of wind and sometimes a little more distance in shooting I practice alot at 35 and 40 yards the parobolic fletch wins my vote every time, don,t seem to drop as fast seem quieter. I spot and stalk most all the time, but if a person was hunting from a tree and shots were close it probably wouldn,t matter.

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
the more rapid the trailing end of the feather drops to the arrow, the noisier the fletch will be.  I shoot banana's and unless i'm shooting super high profile ones no noise what so ever.  but in all reality...its all appearence, the noise from arrows has little effect on game.

so, bottom line...shoot whatcha like   :)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »
I've just gone to this type of fletch. It's called Orca and you'll need a Vairo clipper to chop it.

al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Aussie they sure are Ppppurty    :D   looks like the vario is working fine .

yup you will get more back end wind shear with high profile fletches .the 6"x3/4" "Big Honker Shields" i shoot will show the effects of wind but still hit where i want up to 20yds or so .but when you shoot 700gr plus arrows it takes a big wind to make them change course ,light arrows probaly would go sideways --- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »
Hi Herb,

Mate the Vairo is 10 out of 10! Best bit of kit I've ordered in a long while. Why did I wait soooo long?

al
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 12:42:00 AM »
for all the reasons stated above i am going to give nanners a try. that is a nice fletch job alan,,,i wish i had that kind of talent!
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©