3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fred Asbell interviews Steve Turray  (Read 431 times)

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Asbell interviews Steve Turray
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »
Steve is good for our sport.  Period.  Chad

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Holm-Made:
Steve is good for our sport.  Period.  Chad
That is very true.....and guys like you also Chad!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I met Steve at a show in St. Clairsville, OH a few years ago.  Was really impressed with him and his bows, particularly the Shelton.  I will have one someday.  Hopefully sooner than later!
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Great article, great bows and a great guy! Another one of Michigans finest!
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
One year at Baltimore, he and his wife were gracious enough to babysit for my son while he was sleeping in my back carrier so I could go try out a few of his bows.  Now that is another level of customer service!

Offline Ron Vaughn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »
In the early morning hours of Sept.10, 2005, I pulled my vehicle to the ocean waterfront in, Newfoundland, to await the ship that would take me back to Nova Scotia from a Newfoundland moose hunt.

Directly in front of me was a parked vehicle pulling a trailer that was lettered "Northern Mist Longbows." Being a traditional bowhunter, I was anxious to talk to the person pulling that trailer even though I had never heard of those bows.

As daylight broke, I walked to the vehicle to see what "Northern Mist" was all about. Within a few minutes, I realized that I was talking to a genuine down-to-earth nice guy.

During the several hours it took for the ship to reach, Nova Scotia, I had the pleasure to visit and have lunch with Steve.

I make it a point to visit Steve whenever I attend a traditional bowhunting function where he is present---it is always a pleasure. It was great seeing the interview article on Steve in "Traditional Bowhunter."

Ron Vaughn

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
Hey, that's pretty neat to see my home province mentioned as I read this post. I enjoyed the interview in TradBow and it sounded like he is one of the good guys.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©