3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any varmint hunters here?  (Read 249 times)

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
Any varmint hunters here?
« on: July 28, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
Does anyone purposely hunt varmints like coyotes & bobcats. I use to love to call varmints when I gun hunted but haven't done it in years. I tried it with a bow a few times and that's really difficult. I got 2 coyotes and a fox with a bow and that's it.

I've been getting the urge to call yotes again and try them with the bow. The hard part is getting a shot off when they aren't looking not too mention getting them with in 20 yards for me. I found hanging some feathers from a thread on a bush helps a lot. With todays new electronic callers and remote control it should even be easier than before.

Lets hear your experiences and pics. if you got them.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any varmint hunters here?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
I need to ask my uncle to take me sometime. He does it all the time. He uses an electronic caller and (believe it or not) a bunny slipper. He put the bunny slipper on a mechanism out of those scary christmas tree things that dance and sing. So the coyote comes in and the bunny starts moving, and the coyote's attention is focused on that.

Before he got the movement mechanism he tied a string to the bunny slipper, so that he could pull it just a bit to make it move to catch the yote's attention.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©