3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow Spine  (Read 130 times)

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Arrow Spine
« on: April 03, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
I'll try to ask this without rambling,so here goes. I'm shooting full length Easton 340 Traditional Only Arrows with a 125gr. tip. They only offer a 300 that is stiffer spine. Mines 10 gpi and the 300 is 10.1. I want to shoot heavier tips. Is there that much difference between the two to go up very much in tip weight? I guess I don't fully understand the correlation between gpi and spine,but I know there are guys on here shooting heavier bows than mine and using heavy tips. My bow is 55 at my draw length and shoots great with the above set up. My question is with a full length arrow and about 175  gr tip what arrow would you go with?

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow Spine
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
There are many people on here that know WAY more than I do about this subject.  Are you shooting full length so you don't have deal with cutting the arrows and tuning that way.  If you shorten an arrow you loose some weight, but by stiffening it due to being shorter you can gain more in tip weight than you lose in shaft weight.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
No I'm pulling back and leaving an inch or so up front for the broadhead. My draw is about 30.5

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »
The arrows you have and 175gr. tips should fly fine.
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©