3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dryad ACS RC  (Read 346 times)

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Dryad ACS RC
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
Would be interested in receiving some feedback from owners of the Dryad Orion - ACS RC (ACS static recurve).

Thank you!
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dryad ACS RC
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Stump Buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »
I ordered one last week on the 28th (the 17" actionwood riser on the Dryad site and am just waiting for the XL limbs to be made)! I'll post an amature review after it arrives. If it draws as smooth and shoots as forgiving as my old 68" Orion LB, I'll be thrilled!!!

I'd also like to hear from any other owners (or anyone who's shot one for that matter) while I'm waiting too!

All the Best,

Stump
In the wind, he's still alive...

Offline tj69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:00 AM »
If you have a little patience, I can tell you something about an epic ilf riser with ACS RC limbs.
Should be here in Germany in round about 2 weeks.
Bezaleel ILF riser + Border HEX6 limbs 50#@29"
Morrison XD riser + Border HEX6 limbs 51#@29"

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
Looking forward to reading your experiences.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Brandywine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »
Hello:
Mine will arrive next Wednesday.  Will report.  For those in line, it might be worthwhile to signal Mike about his suggestions regarding arrow spine.  He told me that the ACS RC limbs boost the spine approximately 10 pounds over what is normal for non-ACS recurves.

Offline AdAstraAiroh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 09:10:00 AM »
I found the A&H ASC-CX longbow limbs had a liking for higher spine arrows, partially due to the riser cut-away, as well.

I too am waiting for some "user" observations about these ACS-RC limbs.  If you have a pair, please let us know your feelings and experiences.

Mark

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
Well, my opinion does not count because I'm involved. However, I would expect the objectively-measured performance to be very good from anyone's perspective.  Subjectively the limbs are super-stable, extremely smooth (see Blacky's independent testing results on a set of ACS RC ILF limbs), and have an interesting almost "let-off" sort of feel toward the end of the draw.  That's the static tip camming over.

By the way, all consumer-archers should assume that all bowyers lie (some maybe more than others      :)     ) - especially about performance when expressed in terms of AMO/ATA speed.  That's why we only quote third-party test results.  With the ACS RC ILF limbs Blacky got 198 fps at 28" of draw with a 9 grains per pound arrow and with the hunting-weight string at a nice high BH.  The bolt-down ACS RC limb set up similarly is about 5 fps faster than the ILF because the total system of riser & limbs are optimized as a package.

Ultimately what Mike or I think about the limbs is much less important than what our customers think.  I hope everyone who gets a set enjoys them as much as I do.  Two days before leaving for Africa with mine!

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
Good luck on your hunt John !!!

Let us know how it goes.

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
If they get the extra 5 fps with the bolt-down version, then they would be the fastest bow tested.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Thanks Pat.  Most of the trip is photo-safari with the wife but I'm squeezing in 3 days of hunting.  Not a full-blown hunting trip for sure but hopefully I can get a shot or two.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
John Havard:By the way, all consumer-archers should assume that all bowyers lie (some maybe more than others  ) - especially about performance when expressed in terms of AMO/ATA speed. That's why we only quote third-party test results

Pretty broad paintbrush! Many of the bowyers are fine men that I trust and are good Christian men whose word is important to them.  

This is especially true when their bows are what they say that they are.
That broad brush is offensive.

God bless you all,
Steve

God bless you , Steve

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
Steve,
  No need to be offended bud.  From what I've seen here and heard from others...John is top shelf and would never say anything that he thought would offend...especially his fellow bowyers!

I'm sure he was kidding when he said that....after all he included himself!   :campfire:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
John be sure and share some pics of your trip when you get back! Be safe and have a wonderful hunt!!

Offline doowop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
Super fast and super smooth. Whats not to like? My buddie has a Orion with those limbs and if he ever sets it down I'm gonna steal it!

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
Thanks Curt.

Steve, I was kidding and certainly meant no offense.

Offline bluemoonrising

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
Sixby--I think John was just poking a little fun at the bowyers (himself, too)--thus the smiley face. At least I hope he was just joking around a little. Peace!

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
:)

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
Thanks John, Just wanteded everyone to know we aren't all a bunch of fishermen . After all you can eat a fish and the tale you tell is hard to disprove. However a bow has to stand on its own. When the customer gets the bow he will know whether or not he heard the truth. If they lie they will quickly run out of customers.

God bless you and have a great and Happy
Easter season. Steve

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Should be a bunch of new opinions next week.  Just dropped nine packages off at the USPS.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©