3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opinions of ACS LB w/12"Riser  (Read 127 times)

Offline Jim Rocole

• Trad Bowhunter
Opinions of ACS LB w/12"Riser
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Considering ordering the ACS lb with 12" Riser. Looking for opinions on the bow. I handleed one at The Expo at Waterloo and really liked the handle. I have a 28" draw and wondering whether the 58" or 60" is better for me. I will be using this mainly as my turkey and blind bow.

Offline rlc1959

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opinions of ACS LB w/12"Riser
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
I have a 58" and a 62" . Both shoot great. I am having trouble deciding which one I like better. There is not as much difference between them as I thought. For blind hunting I would recommend the 58"
Take care and good luck with your decision,
Randy
Randy Chamberlin

NRA Life Member
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member
United Bowhunters of PA Life Member
PBS Member

Offline Jim Rocole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
Thanks for the response Randy. I am leaning to right in between the two lengths. 60" bow is what I am thinking. I have own several shorter bows but have always shot a 64" bow the best but unfortunately I have trouble shooting out of most of my ground blinds because I hold the bow only slightly canted.

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
Jim, I tried one a year ago. One of the best feeling grips ever! The one I tried was 58", I draw 29 and it just did not work out. Got real tight past 28'" They are a great bow and worth every dime. I would really like to try a 62", hopefully they bring some to denton hill this year.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
My son and I owned several 62" bows (14 " risers); then we tried 64" and never looked back-we sold all the shorter limbs. Two inches made a big difference to us anyway.
In your case-turkeys from the blind-go with the bow that is most comfortable in those circumstances; the shorter bow may well be better for your application and that 12" riser is a dandy.

Offline Cecil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
I have a 16" RC riser and 64" bow. I can tell a difference in the 62" and 64" I like them both but the 64 is better for me I draw 28"

Offline Brandywine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 07:46:00 AM »
Best to call and speak to either Dan or Larry at A & H.  They have indicated that carbon backed limbs are more draw length sensitive than others.  I have a 12" and some others of theirs and all are first class.  A call to a bowyer will provide a lot of helpful information.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©