3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String to short?  (Read 305 times)

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String to short?
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 03:02:00 PM »
"I wish I would have had a video to guide me thru it."

Me too!  There was one out 20+ years ago...never saw it for sale, just saw a bootleg copy a friend had.  It was as interesting as watching grass grow, but it did have the very basics, and instructions for a string board.  99% of what I know was learned from asking questions and experience.

That's why we did "Doin' the Twist" to begin with--both Joe and I had gotten a lot of requests to do at least a "home video" for folks.  There's just so many people you can teach in person.  When we finally got everything together, we said we would be tickled if we made enough to cover our costs...we did (and a little more), but it sure hasn't been a money tree...but it's gotten a lot of people started making their own.  

I knew of a few that bought the video and started their own business...I can't think of any that are still doing it, because you really have to enjoy making strings to do it for the public...it's not a big money maker...and generally those of us that enjoy it are willing to share what we know, or at least try.

Chad

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
Building strings is like finding mushrooms, I couldn't find a morel if you placed it in my hand. I just don't get the twist and up and over and so forth. But...I have a buddy that has Chad's video and he makes excellent, consistent strings. Don't give up, and if you do, find a buddy who has Chad's video!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
Chad,

Don't feel too bad, it doesn't appear that anyone can meet some bowyer's exacting standards. What ever happed to a bit of professional courtesy???   :dunno:    :dunno:
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Here ya go KH. I told ya I bragged ya up! Thanks again Chad!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
i probablly watched the same video that chad did close to 20 years ago (about as thrilling as a glass of warm water)
but his new video has helped me make a more unform and consistant string
the trick is like he says finding tha amount of back twist that works for you

thanks for a great vid chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©