3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How to get Pearson 2 pc apart  (Read 334 times)

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
How to get Pearson 2 pc apart
« on: July 28, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
I was hoping someone might have a good trick for getting a 2 pc Pearson takedown unstuck. I would say it has been together since 1956 or 57. It is one of the very early ones that predates the Bushmaster. I confirmed that it is a takedown by the numbers. It shows no signs of being glued, but it sure wont come apart!    :knothead:   If anyone knows a trick, please share! Thanks, CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How to get Pearson 2 pc apart
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »
Try some silicon spray (from a can) let is sink in for a while and then heat both parts up a bit in the meantime try to get them apart. It worked for my bike where some bolts got really locked-up.
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline Yellowsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
WD-40?

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
Or I guess you have a one piece now  :bigsmyl:

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
BANDSAW!!!!!!!  LOL!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
A shape-charge packed about 1/2" thick around the handle should do the trick! Dave

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
Thanks for all those helpful suggestions from the peanut gallery!   :biglaugh:  The only thing missing was a drumset to do a rimshot and cymbal crash! But, I got it! I used some penetrating oil, shot it for a while to let it work in, then padded the lip on the belly side of the handle and delivered a few shots with the rubber mallet. I was glad I was standing over a rug, because when it let go, it did it all at once. I will try to post some before and after cleanup pictures. This one was splattered with the obligatory latex paint in about 3 colors! It cleaned up beautifully and shoots very well. I'm getting to have a few Ben Pearson bows now, they are just about as addictive as the Bears! CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
I forgot to add that it did look like someone had dunked the male end in shellac or varnish and shoved them together.  :rolleyes:  CKruse

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »
Try placing the bow behind your legs at the knee with a hand out side the knee's on each side. Grip the bow tightly and spread your knees, this will increase your leverage quite a bit.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©