3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Limb bolt angle mount quivers????  (Read 237 times)

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Limb bolt angle mount quivers????
« on: April 09, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
I know everyone is partial to the one they have, and I want to hear which one is your favorite, and most importantly...WHY?  I have a new longbow on order (Tall Tines) and I'm planning on a new quiver for it, and I want a limb bolt ANGLE quiver.

So, let me hear what and why.

Thank you all in advance,

Mike
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Limb bolt angle mount quivers????
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
OK I know you want an angle quiver but I liked the fact that the bolt-on Kanati quiver I have fits the "lines" of my Talltines, even though it isn't officially an angle quiver. It also is dead quiet and when I have the antler bolts in, it just looks cool. Here are some pics:

Mike Davenport

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
Hey Mike, congrats on your new bow! I had a Slim Jim Angle that I added a limb bolt mount to when I bought a TD bow last year.

I love the angle of the arrows following the limb when moving through brush, but I learned I don't like having the weight of a quiver on my bow.

These days I'm alternating between a back and a side quiver. If you are shooting 2 blade and want to try one out, give me a shout and you can borrow it for a while and see what you think.
Thom

Offline Tutanka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
I currently have 2 limb bolt kanati pro angle quivers, I have not found a quiver that I like more, and believe me I have tried most of them.  It is nice to be able to take the quiver off of the bow and still have the limb mounts on the bow.

I also use the SDS straps on my one piece longbows and set the spacing the same on the SDS straps as they are on the limb bolt mounts. This way I can use same quiver on both bows.  It's nice to be able to use one quiver on multiple bows. I currently have five bows that I take the quiver off and on without having to make any adjustments.  

It's also nice to use a quiver that sets the arrows back "behind" the bow.

Online jrstegner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »
I have several of the kanati quivers. I like them, but I prefer the Eagle's Flight with the extension thing. I get a better angle and I prefer the lighter weight on my Tall Tines.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys, anybody else?
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
Mike, I have the Slim Jim Angle Pro with the limbbolts. I like it because it feels good on the bow, and I can take the quiver off the limb bolts without disassembling the bow. In fact, I bought an extra limb bolt system so I could have 2 bows ready to switch the quiver back and forth. Great quality too.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:50:00 AM »
I was just thinking about ordering one from kanati myself for my bob lee's and was wondering what they look like, so if anybody has any more pics I would appreciate it. And what they like and dislike. Great topic mike gotta love all the goodies on this site
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©