3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How Much Do You Shoot?  (Read 1385 times)

Offline HenrikBP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How Much Do You Shoot?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
30+ arrows at least 5 days a week. Often more. I've been going more "quality" than "quantity" lately. Focusing on form and doing quite a bit of close blank bale shooting.
Morrison 17" ILF riser w/ "long" foam core recurve limbs. 47# @ 28"
Morrison 15" metal riser w/ "Short" Max1 limbs. 45# @ 27"
Toelke Whip HS TD 58", 47# @ 28"
Martin Hatfield TD. 55# @ 28"

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
I try to get at least 25 Arrows a Day. Either inside or out at Home. If at the Range, I will shoot a Full Indoor Competition Round, 2 if my body is cooperating!   :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Keith Langford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
none, since January 1st, damn tendonitis elbow, just wont heal. when I am able to start back, I am going to shoot like Rick Welch taught me, one arrow at a time, 100 % focus on entire shot routine, and shoot every arrow from a differant spot.
John 3:16

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
I shoot just about everyday year round.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
I shot competitively as a hoyt sponsored shooter back in my training wheel days and my coach always stressed to never fling arrows just to fling arrows.  He was much happier if I only shot 100 arrows a day if they were GOOD arrows.  Bad practice makes for bad form and a bad archer so when I do shoot no matter how many it is I always try to make each shot a good arrow, fully concentrating on the shot.  If I catch myself flingin arrows or unable to concentrate because of whatever I put the bow down and come back later when I am not rushed, stressed, or unable to concentrate.  A little bit of good practice is a lot better than a whole bunch of bad practice so dont get hung up on how many arrows you sling downrange but how many GOOD arrows you drill the target with.  My regards, great thread, FUDD

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
Most everyday 30 minimum - weekends 60-90 arrows...

So 200-300 a week.....April - Novemeber...

><>

Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
Some weeks I shoot everyday some weeks maybe I will only shoot one day during the week but I shoot almost every weekend! I never try to shoot a certain number, time or quantity of time or arrows. I shoot until I am content,tired or the wife yells DINNER time   :bigsmyl:
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
I try every day. I have gone a day without but I feel there is something missing. Much like riding my motorcycle. I will get down right ornery. Wife says, "go do something!" I have yet to ride and shoot but that is what the takedown is for!!!!

Martin

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
about 30 arrows a day
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
Not enough let's just say last night was very humbling after a long semester in school.
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
I have been shooting a lot, maybe an hour or so in the morning and another half hour/3/4 hour at night. Now with my second bow I have to make sure the other one doesn't get jealous. Seriously, I'm trying to decide which to take after turkeys.

But I've been shooting so much I had to take today off because 1. my arms are rubber and 2. all of sudden I couldn't hit the side of the mountain I live on and my brain was starting to overload on dropping the bow, plucking the string, wiggling, collapsing, pushing, pulling, back tension and arrows going every which way.

Backing off a tad.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
I shoot at least every other day...sometimes every day. Usually only shoot 10 to 40 arrows. Or if i can tell i'm getting tired, i throw in the towel.

Offline Caleb Andes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
I agree with Mudd it is important to get my arrows in.

Just another reason why I love and BELIEVE in Trad hunting to continue the tradition of ethical hunting.

I would like to see this many wheelie shooters step up and say they practice their hearts out this much.
>>----> Lovin the mystical flight >>---->

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
Try to shoot every day. Some days morning and afternoon. I shoot anywhere from 75 to 200 or so per session.

If I don't shoot regularly my old muscles get weaker.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
I shoot just about everyday that the weather is nice and I'm not traveling for work.

I probably shoot too much during each session and sometimes that puts me in a rut.  If I'm not shooting well, I just can't quit on a bad group.  So I keep shooting until I get a good group and sometimes that just makes me shoot worse and worse.  But I can't help it, I just have to keep shooting.  Shooting is an addiction that is sometimes bad for me.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by jsweka:
I shoot just about everyday that the weather is nice and I'm not traveling for work.

I probably shoot too much during each session and sometimes that puts me in a rut.  If I'm not shooting well, I just can't quit on a bad group.  So I keep shooting until I get a good group and sometimes that just makes me shoot worse and worse.  But I can't help it, I just have to keep shooting.  Shooting is an addiction that is sometimes bad for me.
Same here. But my trick for getting that last rubber-armed good group is to set up at 18 yards or so, on a knee or both knees and draw very slowly like I don't want to spook something and it usually works.

My wife get a hoot out of imitating me, "That's ... just... NOT... acceptable!!!"
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
I guess I am kind of lucky we have a archery shop close by with an indoor range out to 40 yards.
Open Monday thru Saturday,get there 3-4 days a week shooting the bow and the Bull.  :thumbsup:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline 4-fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
I TRY TO SHOOT EVERY DAY AFTER I DO THE  J O B  THING
"Pick a spot"

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
I shoot about 30-40 arrows a day, I guess.  For me, shooting is a great way to release tension (no pun intended) for a few minutes.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
2-5 times per week.  

I dont count my arrows but usually stop when I know Its time.  it can be after 1 arrow or after 100.

Some nights like tonight, I dont bother because I know I wouldn't be able to focus after a tough day.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©