3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Bows  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Bows
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
OK....not to go against AW....but I've shot both foam and carbon and foam and glass...and really preferred the foam and glass.

If I ever get another, it will be another chey with foam and glass.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline PA Bones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
Bob Morrison is the best.  I own four Cheyenne recurves and one Shawnee recurve.  I agree that the Cheyenne is a little more forgiving but both are fast and quiet.  I highly recommend Morrison bows.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
I have 2 Mini 13" ILFs and a 15" ILF coming this week from WRV.  I also have a A Shawnee in the mail that was checkered by Dave.  Plus I just ordered a set of Actionboo ILF Longbow limbs with Cocobolo overlays and Kudu tips this week.  Barb and Bob are great people to deal with.

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
I have a 15 inch woood ILF riser by bob and I love it.  I go through bows like most go through socks, and I will not sell my riser!!!!

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
I have 4 Shawnee's and one Dakota at the moment. Sold all the wood one's and only have phenolic and foam/glass and foam/carbon. I've shot em all and will give up my Morrison's when they pry my dead cold fingers from the riser! To top it all off Bob and Barb are two of the finest you'll ever meet.
hunt it

Offline WRV

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
Love em all!
Morrison Cheyenne TD 60" 50@28
Black Widow PSAX 60" 53@28
BUNCHA BIGHORNS
Genesis 27:3

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 01:13:00 AM »
I have 7 Morrisons and love all three models - ILF, Cheyenne and Shawnee. Bob and Barb are the great couple everyone says they are. I have all the limb material combinations and prefer the foam/carbon.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online S C Mercer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Ok,  I'll add my very subjective 2 cents worth.  I've owned 7 Morrisons.  Cheyenne's, Dakota's and Shawnee's.   I have enjoyed the heck out of each of them.  I sold some to get the weights and lengths I preferred.  I currently own a 64" Shawnee (A riser w/  F limbs) that have the older Dakota styled limbs..  The bow shoots a 550 grain arrow at 195 FPS  ( 52#@29" draw).   So, they are no slouch in the performance department.  This bow is also butter smooth and whisper quiet.   If I had to pick something negative to say about it, it would be the Shawnee is a little sensitive to form issues.  If you have rock solid form, this bow will stack them in the 10 ring all day long.   Thats not the bow's fault so I guess that isn't really a fair critique either.   Bob Morrison's craftsmanship is impeccable and his bows are sleek and sexy to boot!  Bob & Barb are some of the best people I've ever had to deal with so if that isn't enough to convince you that buying a Morrison bow is a good choice, nothing will!
~Steve

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
The lack of much deflex in the Shawnee riser gives a little extra speed but decreases the stability some in your hand if your form is not as good. I guess that is why I am willing on most bows to sacrifice some speed for the deflexed riser that is not so sensitive to the way I hold the bow and release the string. But I own and love both the Shawnee and the deflexed models (Cheyenne and ILF). You couldn't pick a nicer combination for smooth shooting than the A riser and the F limbs. I, however, would pick the A riser and the E limbs as my favorite because it is a little shorter and darn near as nice feeling. The D limbs are what I shoot the most, and I even have one set of C limbs, although I am really stretching them with my 29.5" draw (still, a 56" Morrison is great for tight spots).

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
I have owned more than a few of each 3 piece model.  If I were to pick just one it would be an all phenalic cheyene with foam cores and glass with no carbon.  Smooth and quiet.
There is always at least one Morrison in my stash.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline SAVIOUR68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
MY NEW MORRISON PHOENLIC ILF WITH BOBS NEW MAX 1 STATIC LIMBS ARE THE BOMB,FASTEST THING I HAVE EVER OWNED.    :thumbsup:

Offline Real Buckmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
I have shot the Ilfs for the last five years great bows. I would like to see Bob do a one piece recurve in 54 to 60" offering.

Offline Real Buckmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
I will call and see if that might be in the future.

Offline doulos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 01:29:00 AM »
For those of you who have Morrisons ILF risers ..is your bow easy to  quiet?
Ive been looking at his gen3 metal ILF.
I ve been toying with the idea of a Daala but am unsure on the riser length 17 or 21. Morrison's is right in the middle at 19 inches.

Im just trying to find something that has a lot of versatility. And a Daala or other ILF riser seemed to be the ticket.
Id like to start with very light limbs. And then move up to something higher when ready to hunt. Ive hunted for 32 years with compounds and want a different challenge.
Eventually Id love a takedown like a Cheyenne But no sense in that until i learn to shoot.
Am I going about this the wrong way?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©