3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stolen Buffalo Bow  (Read 443 times)

Offline Blake Dustin Adams

• Trad Bowhunter
Stolen Buffalo Bow
« on: April 11, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
Well folks I was back in the states on leave and found out my BB was stolen.  What makes it worse is that it was my father that did it.  He was supposed to send me a tube with my bow, a hand tooled tube quiver, and about 2 dozen arrows to me shortly after I was stationed in Germany.  I never got it and he went incommunicado and 1.5 years later I go back and found out that he pawned it all along with 3 other cheap bows and most likely one of my rifles.  He refused to talk to me and there was nothing I or the sheriffs department could do.

So if any of ya in near south MO picked up a 57@28 tulipwood buffalo bow just know that it was stolen property and that it was stolen from a serviceman while stationed overseas.

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stolen Buffalo Bow
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
Sorry this happend to you. I hope you get it back.
>>>------John------>

Offline wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
That is some sad stuff there. Bummer! Sorry to hear it...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
:mad:    :mad:    :mad:  

I am sorry about your loss!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that !! Thank you keeping us safe !
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
What a knife in the back.  I am sorry.  Do you need a loaner bow to hold you over?
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
Do you know where he pawned it. You might be able to track some of it down and work something out to get it back.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
Oh my, a stolen bow is bad enough, but stolen trust and losing a father, devastating. I wish I could help you somehow. But an old lady can't be a father, and a bow of mine might be close but no match. I can make arrows, and simple quivers.

I can join you in righteous anger, but to heal your heart will take your own years and tears, and an iron promise to yourself to be a true father to your children, and to show them the ways of honesty, loyalty, respect and love.

If my poor offerings could be of any use, PM me.
Thank you for your service. Doing what you do makes it possible for me to do what I do.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
Oh my, a stolen bow is bad enough, but stolen trust and losing a father, devastating. I wish I could help you somehow. But an old lady can't be a father, and a bow of mine might be close but no match. I can make arrows, and simple quivers.

I can join you in righteous anger, but to heal your heart will take your own years and tears, and an iron promise to yourself to be a true father to your children, and to show them the ways of honesty, loyalty, respect and love.

Thank you for your service. Doing what you do makes it possible for me to do what I do.
Killdeer
Well said as always.......
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline huntmaster80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:

Killdeer
:notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:  
sorry to hear about this, and thank you for your service!!!

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
Don't know how far you want to go with it since he is your father and don't know what state this happened in, but here in Oklahoma- false declaration of ownership at a pawn shop is a felony.

If he claimed them as his own and sold or pawned them then he can be prosecuted.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
Blake I have a Kodiak Hunter that is looking to be shot if needed.P.M. me I can send it to you.I cannot give it to you b/c I bought it from a collage kid that needed money and promised to give it back to him if he finished collage.Kip

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
I lost a 1959 MGA 1600 the same way. Left it with my dad to sell, then when I got married over in Germany my wife said let's keep it. I wrote him and told him not to sell it and he said too late - it was already sold. Later claimed it was stolen and I never saw a dime. I think there are times it's better to hold your tongue, bite the bullet, take the hit, or whatever you want to call it. We parted friends when he died. That would probably not have been the case if I'd called him a liar.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
By the way, my wife is going over to Germany for a family reunion. If you would like to borrow my 50# Whisperstick recurve or 45# Shakespere recurve, she could probably carry it over there. She's going initially to Amsterdam for a few days, but then back down into Germany planning to tour Bavaria. I don't think poundage is an issue as you won't be hunbting with it over there :-(

PM me if this would help at all.
Ron
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
Blake-sorry to hear this happened to you. These are hard times and people are doing bad things that they normally would not do. There is much negativity in this country and we are forgetting how we should be treating eachother. God bless your father and you. I hope you get your bow back somehow! Thanks.

Kenny   :bigsmyl:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
Wow  ,I ll second waht killdeer said.Hope you find your bow.
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
This ain't good from any direction.

:(
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
Sorry  that is awful
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline marshratTC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that bud. I wish I had something to offer you. Thank you for your service, and again, I'm sorry that this happened to you.

Offline Blake Dustin Adams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the support everybody. But let's try to not argue about forgiveness or not. And please for the sake of a public forum leave god out of it, we all follow different gods and beliefs. Also thanks for the offer of a bow but I was lucky enough to get my taxes back the week before I found out and have bought something in the weight range. Still I'm out my custom Buff and that will someday need to be remedied.

The worst is I found out so far after the fact, and after the pawn shop had already sold my gear at auction, that the sheriff can't do much unless I give them serial numbers.

As far as my father is concerned he had nothing of worth of his own to make a few bucks on. He knew that my bow was about my most prized possession and my only custom. After I found out it was missing he lied to me and I caught him in the lie, he hung up the phone on me and refused to answer a message or talk. I'm not a young kid, I've spent the last 10 years trying to get him to sober up and get his life together. He's refused all help from me and dug his hole deeper with DUI's and skipping out on dealing with them by moving to a different state and staying under the radar until he gets another.

After the abuse I suffered at the hands of my mother and how she royally screwed me over 7 years ago getting me in legal trouble and some other issues and the fact that she refuses to tell the truth about it, he knew what would happen. There is no forgiveness without truth.

As far as I'm concerned if you can't tell the truth to me you aren't worth my time and I won't bother talking with you. There is little worse in this world than liars and thieves and I among many feel as much for them as I would for a rapist or a murderer.

Somehow even with as screwed up as my parents are I've always been of the belief that a parents primary purpose in life is raising a child and doing whatever they can to provide a better life for their child than they themselves had. A parents responsibility is to their child, not a husband or wife or whatever form of significant other because when they put everything to their lover they abuse the child. I once had a girlfriend that said she would save me from a burning house before our child (if we had one) because we could always have another--- sorry girl but you're gone.

I rant and go on about somethings but the purpose of the message was to watch out for your stuff, trust no one, and maybe if possible keep your eye out for a tulipwood Buff bow.

Thanks again all for the support and the offers of bows. One of these days I'll get another Buff, I think I'll go yew back and osage belly with a texas ebony riser, keeping it American.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©