3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stolen Buffalo Bow  (Read 444 times)

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stolen Buffalo Bow
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Very well put Blake. Most of all Thank you for your service.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
I feel for your loss, but it sounds as though you were deprived of more than just a special bow. Sounds as though you were robbed of the feeling that your parents would always be there for you. Fortunately, I had a very good childhood and it wasn't until my adult years that my folks got caught up in trying to live beyond their means and resorted to cheating. I was still able to look my dad in the eye and tell him I loved him when he lay dying.

As for never trust anyone - no thanks. That would be giving up more than I'm willing to give up. I've had unbelievably generous equipment loans from Trad Gangers. I've bought and sold stuff on here with never a thought about getting cheated.

Sure, I'll get burned eventually. I was once stiffed by a knife customer. I haven't quit making knives and haven't quit trusting people and 99.9% of them return that trust and the world is a more enjoyable place for me.

I'm not speaking from a religious standpoint - I'm just saying that's the way I have to live to enjoy my life. If I have to start distrusting everyone, I will not be a very happy camper. I hope you have a very positive event in your life soon that will restore some missing pleasure. Sounds like you are way overdue for one.

By the way, I spent 20 years in Germany. I hope you're at least able to get some enjoyment from a country that is very different from ours. Not better, nor worse, but definitely different. I was there when the Status of Forces meant we were getting a quota of their game harvest and some of my best hunting memories are from there. Maybe someday the archery industry will put enough pressure on the government to allow bow hunting too. Waidmannsheil.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bladepeek:
I feel for your loss, but it sounds as though you were deprived of more than just a special bow. Sounds as though you were robbed of the feeling that your parents would always be there for you. Fortunately, I had a very good childhood and it wasn't until my adult years that my folks got caught up in trying to live beyond their means and resorted to cheating. I was still able to look my dad in the eye and tell him I loved him when he lay dying.

As for never trust anyone - no thanks. That would be giving up more than I'm willing to give up. I've had unbelievably generous equipment loans from Trad Gangers. I've bought and sold stuff on here with never a thought about getting cheated.

Sure, I'll get burned eventually. I was once stiffed by a knife customer. I haven't quit making knives and haven't quit trusting people and 99.9% of them return that trust and the world is a more enjoyable place for me.

I'm not speaking from a religious standpoint - I'm just saying that's the way I have to live to enjoy my life. If I have to start distrusting everyone, I will not be a very happy camper. I hope you have a very positive event in your life soon that will restore some missing pleasure. Sounds like you are way overdue for one.

Well put    :thumbsup:
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
Blake, Sorry for what happened to you.

I read your first post and the post's that followed it. Then I came across your last one and I have to say that all the people who posted were very empathetic toward your predicament. Buy I also have to say that the statement about "And please for the sake of a public forum leave god out of it, we all follow different gods and beliefs" was a little rude. People speak kind thoughts and give empathy in the way they believe with God or without.

I was not sure after reading your last post what the purpose of the thread was ( Empathy, Venting,recovery of the bow?). But it seams as though you may want to seek a professional to talk to about the things that happened in the past. Those should not be on a open archery forum.

If the responses of the folks on here are not a good example of trustworthy people then I dont know what is.

I hope you find a bow to replace the one you lost, and things get better for you. I spent a lot of time over seas in the Marine Corps and understand how things that happen on the home front that you cant control can get you upset and in an unhappy  position. Semper Fi And may the future bring you happy times.Tim
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©