3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It Must Be Love  (Read 252 times)

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
It Must Be Love
« on: April 11, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
Well my little lady put the first ding in my new bow last night. I had it places on a hanger and she bumped it with the closet door. Well I must really like this little lady because after waiting for this bow for so long and admiring how perfect the finish was i wasn't even phased when she put a nice little scratch in the riser.

Made me laugh and thought I would ask, who else had lied to the significant others face? Saying oh no that was already there, or even better ignore the obvious scratch outright.
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It Must Be Love
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
It is good to have someone to share life with who understands your obsession.  It is nice you found a woman you love as well.     :goldtooth:
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
You have much wisdom for a young man... material things rust - the moths may eat them.... but relationships become more beautiful and solid as they age for those who understand...

><>
Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
When I first started making bows my wife was helping me carry some of them up the stairs and one slipped and bounced all the way down the concrete stairs. She looked at me like a deer in the headlights and once I started laughing she loosened up a little. Hard to be mad at my cute little bow shooting lady.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Hel, my fiance totaled my truck, every time I'm losing an argument, I say "you wrecked my truck"  :)  Always makes us laugh and get over the argument and they really aren't real arguments yet, but you know what I mean:)
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline adamgti

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 12:50:00 AM »
thats exactly how I thought about it. She isn't replaceable and I'm going to hunt hard with that bow. Now i'll have a unique memory with me every time I'm hunting with that bow.
Quartermoon 62" r/d longbow 53# @ 29"

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
I go back to the wise comic who says, "Happy wife, happy life.  I haven't won an argument in 20 years, but I'm a happy, happy guy."
Jim

Offline eminart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
My lovely wife is buying my first longbow for father's day. Those of us that have them, are very lucky to have spouses that understand and support our obsessions.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
She beat you to the first scratch, but I'm sure she left you plenty of room to apply the first dent. The older the little lady and I get, the more we refer to each other as scratch and dent.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
My Bride, of 30 + yrs, is my best hunting parterner.  Because of her horse bussiness, we only get to hunt together a couple times a year. She loves to camp, hunt and fish, so what's a few scratches on a bow.  Got her a longbow, and now she gets to shoot a couple tournaments with me!
JAG/Johnny
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline marshratTC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Now you don't have to worry any longer about doing it yourself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©