3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzy Broadheads  (Read 877 times)

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzy Broadheads
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
Terry,they eliminated the cut out.It is still two pieces of die formed steel laminated together,but as you said,they go all the way across.In addition,the ferrule is way more true than the old 190's etc.They really mount up and spin nicely with little to no messing around.And now they have improved the grind.I need to order some myself.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
Dodger, that bow you speak of wasn't from the grind, IMO.. I suspect they warped either during heat treat or lamination.. I hope the new ones don't have that issue..

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
Hey Dodger, Pat B. may be right. If it is the cutting edge that has a slight bow to it. If thats the case I will gladly replace that head.
These broadheads are heat treated in 100# batches.There is almost always some that get bent when moving between the furnace and quench tank. We do go through them several times between heat treat and packaging but its not imposable for one with a slight bow to get past us. So you see its not an issue of a whole batch getting a slight bow. Its a few out of a few thousand.   :D  
Bill

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
Bill will you be bringing them to Denton Hill this July?
Glenn

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
I can't wait to get some of these into my grubby little paws. They look much improved.

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
I just got mine in the other day. WOW! These heads are super easy to sharpen, keep an edge, and mount up on adaptors super easy! Keep up the great work Bill!  :thumbsup:
James Kerr

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
I'm glad I preordered 2 dozen Kodiaks.. I hope they are popular enough that Bill is able to keep them online.. If not, I'll be using the standard 160's, great broadheads..

Offline Dodger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
Thanks Pat. It never occured to me the bow may have been caused during the heat treat and explains why they were difficult to straighten.

Bill: Yes, the bow is along the cutting edge. Thanks for the offer but I will use these for practice. Also, thanks for bringing them back on the market as I was always curious to try them after reading so much about them. Is the new grind similar to the Grizzly BH shown in TJ's pics?

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
Intriguing head, which has me curious with a couple questions. After viewing the web page states glue-ons but photo provided show inserts. So is the Black Grizzly 160 grains with or without the insert, and if no insert, can they be purchased with inserts preglued? Also, are they left wing single grind or right?

And are they ground exact to the KMT sharpener?

Thanx for any info…

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
Zbone, No I put those 75 grain steel adapters in them. Bill is eventually going to offer adapters but doesn't at this time. The head weights are all WITHOUT the adapters. The ones I have a right beveled. The way to tell is when the head is laying down with the point away from you the bevel will be on the right or the left.

On my first try I marked the grind with a black marker so I could see where the metal was be sharpened and the KME broadhead sharpener hits the back and leading edge of the grind. Almost like the grind is a little cuped. But I am telling you they get unreal sharp in very little time.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
The bevel or edge seems "cupped" or hollow ground because they are ground on a round wheel so the edge takes on the radius of the wheel or grinding drum. That would be my guess.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
Good looking head for sure!  I may have to rethink single bevels myself...

Good luck on the Turks Tom.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
I think u r right Pat and looks to me like after a few sharpenings they will meet and be flat.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
Thanx for the info Tom... Can or will they be purchased or ordered in left bevel?

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
Zbone, left bevel will be available. That's what I ordered also.   :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
What's the price?

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
Grizzly Broadheads-$32.95 6pack
Kodiak Broadheads-$34.95 6pack
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
www.zipperbows.com

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
SO, will they be on display at any of the big shoots this summer like ETAR or Comptons?
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
Here is a graphic I did for the site, this may help to have a visual of size and color coding.

www.zipperbows.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©