3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wanted to ask about limb twist  (Read 230 times)

Offline bownutts

• Trad Bowhunter
Wanted to ask about limb twist
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
I am looking for a person that will check out a bow for a limb twist and correct it .I have been told that I must have over looked it.I sold it  to a Steve Long  it has a limb twist on the bottom limb of a newer Martin Hunter I didnt notice it.I shot it many times. Any  help would be deeply appreicated let know the cost of fixing it  so I can make it right if possible

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wanted to ask about limb twist
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Contact the Bow Hospital in the sponsor banner up top.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
If you never noticed it it is probobly a slight twist that you can ususally fix by twisting it back the other way and holding it for a bit.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
I have fixed some bad ones by clamping the bow in a vise and suspending wieghts in the opposite direction for a period of time.

I shot an old Pearson mustang when I started out that looked like the string could fly off at any second. I never did get the twist out of that thing but man it shot good.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
I have done a few like Uncle Buck says above-and stay away from hot water and hair dryers.

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
Again for what Uncle Buck said, I had a lower limb twist on a martin dreamcatcher( the string would not lay in the string groove)and all it took to fix was a simple hand twist in the oppisite direction and problem solved  :thumbsup:    :campfire:
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
Straightened up a rw hunter and a bear grizzly by stringing it up, then grabbing the string and limb, then twisting it the opposite direction, beyond center. Left it strung, hanging horizontally, and every time I went by it, I'd pick it up and twist some more, pull it a couple of times and hang it back up. Took a couple of weeks to get the limb to stay straight, but it hasn't moved back since.

When you twist the without holding the string, the string will come off and that bow will jump all over you.

x2 on the no water or hair dryers.imo
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Online stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
I'll go another direction and recommend hot water.  Bring a large pot of water to boil, then place the twisted limb in for about 30 seconds, then try to twist the limb straight.  Usually I have to keep trying with longer and longer times in the hot water.  Sometimes as long as 1 1/2 minutes.  It has always worked.  For sure you don't want to start with a real long time in the water.
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Offline bownutts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
Thanks guys Have a appointment at bow hospital

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©