3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good on those that get the whole family involved  (Read 406 times)

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good on those that get the whole family involved
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
Since I took the leap of faith into the bowyerin' (if there's such a word) business 6 years ago,  I seen a huge increase in guys taking their wifes and daughters shooting or hunting.  I'm most impressed with the increase.  I've even had one gal that has mentioned trying to get her husband into archery.  She knows who she is. The bottom line is it's just good for the sport.  Taking eveyone makes the end of the day so much more rewarding than going alone and coming home to those that wished you'd taking them.  To those that pass this on to the wifes' sisters, daughters and sons, my hat's off to you.  keep up the good work.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline tradhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good on those that get the whole family involved
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 12:53:00 AM »
If you take your kids hunting,you never have to hunt for your kids.
   You will know where they are,and likely will be spending time with them.
The wishbone will never replace the backbone.

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 04:07:00 AM »
My bride, of 30 plus yrs. is my best hunting parterner.  We don't get away together but a couple times a year, because of her Horse bussiness.  This year she's got to go to a couple of shoots with me.  Its her first time competing with a traditional bow.  We went to the Comptons, at Tannehill, Al. and had a blast!
Would love for her to go all the time, with me.
Johnny/JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:25:00 AM »

this little girl is going to know the hard truth. death sustains life. something died in order for us to eat meat.

what really gets to me are the knockers who frown on hunting, let alone exposing my kids to it. they are often the same people who are at home with the kids watching human violence and the other bad stuff i don't have to mention, right after dinner before the kids go to bed.

hunter and proud of it!

hey maddog- give me a fews years and there should be an order.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
Yeah Man my family is all in, Amen!

For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
I'm also fortunate to have my wife as my best friend and shooting buddy.

We're leaving for a Florida hog hunt today and I hope to be able to post pictures of her first hog harvest next week.
 Wish us luck!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »
You've been a big part of that Mike by offering great products for the whole family.  :thumbsup:  

I agree, it's great to see the whole family at shoots.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
My wife took right to shooting a few years ago. We get some stumping in together most evenings. Only trouble is she's probably a better shot than me now!

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
"... now she's a better shot than me".  I hear that so  much from guys that get their wife's and daughters into archery. And I've noticed amoung traditional shooters, it's said out of pride more than anything else.  When I first put my vision to reality, I looked over the market and there wasn't much offered for ladies and kids, so I chose that path.  I find my self making some weird pink, purple, yellow, or blue bows now just as often as I use cocobolo, or zebra wood. It's cool, I like it.    
But especially the kids, those are the ones that will grow up and be the furture hunters, conservationists, the customers for bowyers, leather crafters, arrow makers and the like.  And hopefully, pass it on.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
I too am blessed to have a family that loves to shoot. We have a great time every time we go.

Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
My  kids and now my grandkids are growing up with a bow in their hands. It pays huge dividends!     :campfire:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »
My family and I just got back from the Hill Country Shootout ahd we had a BLAST! Two of my kids are shooting Mike's bows, and the 3rd will be too in a couple of years.  Shooting with family is great fun.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
My son and daughter have been shooting all their lives.  My daughter just submitted for rifle tags with her husband.  My son and I hope to hunt cows this season together.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
I ordered this one my daughter her second bow from Mike.  Her Little brother has taken over her first.  Here he is getting ready for his first "Deer Hunt"

It was fun but you can imagine we didn't see anything  :)
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 05:05:00 AM »
Thanks to Mike my Two Arrows In My Quiver are Loving archery and spending time with Dad..Have I told ya lately Thank You God my my girls and also you Mike for the bow and Mike leather works for the quiver and armguards and arrows ?  God Bless <><

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 05:09:00 AM »
Those are beautiful pictures Keefer!   :archer:
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
Thank You Matt and can you believe My wife and I are both almost 50 and about to adopt one more?I hope to one day include her as well into a pic like this...I took them last August and we made a field day of archery, a picnic and a nature trail walk to see what they could find ..Many Turkey feathers but it was on our Archery range and a No hunting zone....Here are a few of those pics..

Offline BrushWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
Hey Mike, two of those "weird" bows came to my house! lol The wife just ordered a set of pups for our twins' 4th birthday. (One purple/one blue) Now I've gotta get a quiver full of matching arrows ready for the birthday girl & boy. The wife and I can hardly wait to see their faces when they open them. They'll finally have they're own bows! Thanks Mike for helping to make their birthday a great one!   :D
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Offline Dimondback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
I think getting my kids involved in this has been a wonderful thing. Recently I told my daughter I would take her on a "date" when she came to visit me (I've been deployed for about 8 months) and she said in her 4yr old diction..."I want to do bow and arrow". She got her wish and my son and wife went as well. I realized that my kids have better shooting form than I do I think. My wife shot for the first time as well on this trip using the longbow I just made for her. Her two questions?.....can we set up a range in the backyard when you get home...and how do I deal with my b**bs?...both problems are being worked...   :biglaugh:   I am a happy father and husband.

"Do or Do Not, There is no "Try"
Martin Savannah 45#
3PC Home Built Longbow 53# @ 28"
MAJ - SCARNG 1998 - Present

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 09:41:00 PM »
Right on Mike. Thanks to maddog archery bows for women and kids are affordable. My youngest shoots one of my selfbow, but my oldest prefers his maddog. I skinned em both along with my wife's bow.  I love passing it on probably more than I enjoy shooting myself.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©