3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow?  (Read 119 times)

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow?
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
First off I am shooting a BW KB 51@28 and I draw 27" brace at 8 1/4 nock at 5/8
My arrows are 35/55 cut to 28 1/4 with a 50grn insert and a 145 point. They shoot great and I took two deer with this set up last year. I bare shafted them and they fly tail left but hit with the fetched ones. Stus calculator says they are way to light in spine, my question is why am I so far off?

Thanks
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
There was just a post on this...a day or two ago...
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
Terry, can you put a link on here please? I couldn't find it.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Mourning Wood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »
ranger 3 I would be pleased that my setup took two deer at your draw and poundage.I also shoot a BW 51 lb.@27 inch draw.The only difference is I use 70 grains up front behind my 145 grain Snuffer.I wanted to get my 35/55's to get up to 10 grains per lb.I shoot four fletch 5.5 inch feathers left helical.The buck I took with this setup entered beyond the last rib and followed in to the feathers.I believe at that point it actually hit the off shoulder and stopped.I had to give the details because I used to shoot 62lbs.and switched to the lighter limbs for my comfort but I was nervous about the killing power at the lighter arrows and weight.I always liked the Snuffers in 145 grain so that was the only constant.When that arrow sank that far with that little effort I was pretty certain of a leathal arrow.Priceless!!ED
Jack of all trades,Expert at none!!

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
There are some bows that will just shoot a wide variety of arrows equally well even if they are overspined or underspined. The bow I am currently shooting shoots a bare shaft, fletched field tip, and broadhead arrow all so close together they are usually touching, but according to Stu's calculator I am underspined. Stu's calculator is a useful tool to sometimes get you close in arrow spine, but only tuning will show you what your bow really shoots the best.
James Kerr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©