3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Did you know ?  (Read 111 times)

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Did you know ?
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
I just finished writing my thoughts about a proposed new book about our archery / bowhunting past. (Charlies book).  That sparked a thought about another book I read relatively recently, that is, the book by E. Don Thomas, How Sportmen Saved the World.

I am an avid reader, as friends will attest. I have tons of "knowledge" stuck in my little brain. I knew some of what this book contains, yet. .  I had no idea.

If you ever read E. Don's stuff, you know he is . .  well. .  a really really good writer.  He not only talks and passes on knowledge, but he does so in words I can understand, and with a passion that I can feel.  He doesn't tend to pat himself on the back, but merely passes on the image of what he saw, felt or learned.

The stuff in this book is historical.  It is about our past.  It is about a certain group of people, locked in time.  It was the right place, the right time, and they acted.  Without this entire combination, a perfect storm if you will, much of what we discuss here on a daily basis would be moot.

I feel we should all know and think about certain topics as vital to our links to the past, to the future and to each other.  This is certainly one of them.

Wow.
ChuckC
   :campfire:

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Did you know ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
Avid reader also. Not famaliar w/E. Don. But, I dig historials! Will check it out pdq. Thanks
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Did you know ?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
Got it for my Nook and loved every page.   :thumbsup:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©