3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: EFA Totem question  (Read 167 times)

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
EFA Totem question
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »
I own a couple of the EFA quivers and I'm reasonably happy with them. I want to try Don's totem setup and he has told me that it is available in an adjustable or fixed length. What has been your experience with either?

Thanks

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: EFA Totem question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »
Well if your going to change the quiver from bow to bow you would want an adjustable to accomadate differant riser lengths. I like the fixed and have different lengths to swap out if need be. Making the 2pc quiver into a 1pc  is nice if you wanna remove it for various reasons and leave the arrows in it and does keep it alittle more solid.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Thanks Chris
I understand the reason for an adjustable totem but some things "adjust" better than others and if I'm getting a totem for increased stability then I want the most stable method.

So do you swap out different length totems or swap out the entire quiver?

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
I just swap totems but Don's adjustable one is pretty stable also, don't think you would have a problem. If you are getting this for 1 bow I would suggest the fixed just because its a tad bit of a cleaner look than the adjustable and a little more stability. I just like tinkering to much with all my quivers, I think I have did some kind of modification on about every one and try to make them as simple and sleek as possible.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
I use the adjustable 5 arrow with the wing. Great quiver.

Offline Broken Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
Just as Bowbldr said the are great quivers I also use the 5 arrow adjustable.
Take the long way around.
Dwyer Endeavor 58" 64@29"
Super Shrew 58" 60@28"
Thunder Child 58" 60@28"
Toelke Pika 56" 60@29"

Offline hart2hart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
OOOps1
Just got a new Navajo Totem 3 days ago.
Seems to be a good system..well made and LIGHT!!
Sack

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
I've had the totem and sold it (mistake).  Now I have one without and will be sending it back to have the totem added in an unadjustable configuration.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
AS far as Im concerned the best quiver out there, and the totem feature makes the whole thing a little more stout.

Offline moththerlode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
Pretty cool system , I just made a shorter one with a Easton ACC staft that I had laying around. Took all of 5 minutes.
I also like the side/back quiver straps that you can get with it,very versitile.
God,Country and Family ..Semper Fi

Valley Springs Ca.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
I have 4 of the EFA quivers, one with the fixed length Totem and one with the adjustable length Totem. I like the adjustable Totem better because of the versatility. It is very stable. I unscrew the Totem from the main pieces and put it in my arrow case for transport when I travel by plane. The two piece quiver is great, but I will never buy another EFA without the Totem. It adds stability and one-piece functionality without adding much weight at all. The Totem makes a great quiver even better.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 06:55:00 AM »
I have two EFA quivers where one has the adjustable Totem and the other has no Totem. I like the ajustable Totem much better and plan on having a Totem installed on the other.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »
Does anyone have pics of the adjustablel totem quiver? I've not hear of these before.

thank you

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Gator1, the adjustable totem is a simple but practical way to further stabilizea quiver on a bow without adding significent weight. It utilizes two shafts (2113 & which telescope so that it can be adjusted to different riser lengths. It's held together with a 1 1/2" piece of surgical tubing using the "Chinese handcuff)principal. You can collapse it easily but you can't easily pull it apart without peeling back the surgical tubing. The shaft,or shafts, are fitted with inserts on each end which screw onto machine screws in the center of the hood or in the center of the arrow grip assembly. We looked at the possibility of other ways of accomplishing this but liked the simplicity of this system and how it added very little extra weight......,after all, our slogan is, "Travel Light With Eagle's Flight".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©