3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Slim Jim on a Hoyt Buffalo?  (Read 214 times)

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
Slim Jim on a Hoyt Buffalo?
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
Guys I recently bought a Hoyt Buffalo, love this bow! Now I need a quiver and am thinking about picking up a Kanati Slim Jim for it. Anybody using one of these quivers on a Buffalo? Im guessing I will need the wrap around limb mount type? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not a "deer" hunter, I'm a bow hunter that occasionally shoots a deer.

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Slim Jim on a Hoyt Buffalo?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't use a Kanati quiver on mine, but I do use the Hoyt Buffalo quiver and it works great!  Good luck with whatever quiver you choose.  Great bow!

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
I use the Hoyt buffalo quiver also and I am pleased
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
X3 on the Buffalo quiver. Very light and functional.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I had read its not a very deep hood and long broad heads have sharp edges exposed. Do you guys find that to be the case?

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Call and explain that you have a Hoyt Buffalo and would like a slim jim..thats what I did with my Das and ..more or less I told him what I think would work and have 2 diffrent set ups from his other models with some modification he made some thing that works awesome for my Das..but you might have have to do some bartering for the bolts that will fit the holes in the riser (check Archerytalk classifieds)or get a strap that will go between the riser and limbs on the buffalo..hope it helps out..I know John made a set up for a old bear riser and one for my Das
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:00 AM »
This is how I did my Buffalo quiver, I would think John could hook you up the same way. I don't even use the 1pc bracket any more if you want it. It fits the the quiver holes perfect, just need's a quiver mounted to it. Actually if John can't hook you up, get a Slim Jim and I would make this work for ya.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=112570;p=1#000000

Offline kenn1320

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »
ckanous, thats what I was just talking with a friend about. Hoyt says you can use those holes for limb silencers, why not a quiver attachment point? Thanks for the pics, glad to know it works.

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
Kenn

We've built a few Kanati Slim Jims for the buffalo's. I wish I had some pictures to share with you. There was an elk hunting episode on American Archer on the outdoor channel that had a fella sporting one of our Slim's on a hoyt buffalo. Its a great fit and compliments the bow fine. Were here if you need any help. 252-227-2114.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©