3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who's the boss?  (Read 1053 times)

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Who's the boss?
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
O.k. guys I have a question and need good honest answers from ya...How many of you try and hide your traditional bows and any dealings from your better half besides me? I try not to let the wife know cause I'm a Tradaholic that likes anything to do with Recurves and longbows..I try to beat the wife home to except any packages delivered but today I had to confess and so far so good...My wife is really sick from a upper respatory snot bug of some sort and I think when the meds wear off I'm in deep you know what...I also have two little girls who will tell on me in a heartbeat saying"Daddy got a new bow today in a plastic pipe tube Mommy"    :eek:      :scared:

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who's the boss?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
What a wimp! Hide it from my wife,yeah right. My wife sees them all. She still is amazed that a bow as nice looking as a Widow or a Hill"only cost $100" LOL!!! Sure,I tell her I get them,never said I told the truth.  :D  
Hello,my name's Nick and I'm a tradaholic.

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
22 yrs ago I told my to be wife my vices, hunting and bows. I buy and trade to my hearts content and she ,now my wife of 21 yrs, has yet to say anything negative.  :archer:

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
I neither tell nor hide. She knows I buy bows and sell some bows. Of course when you have a 2 bow racks with 15 longbows on one and 17 recurves on the other, what's another bow in the grand scheme of things
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
My wife knew I was a fisherman, hunter and bowhunter before we ever got married and that was 38 years ago. She's okay with my hobbies just like I'm okay with her hobbies.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Dave Thaxton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
I don't hide from my wife of 31 yrs. Rather than ask for permission I just beg forgiveness. Often times if you listen closely you can hear the 3 dogs and I howling at the moon from the doghouse  :saywhat:
64"55@28 Kohannah Flatbow
60"53@28 Robertson Peregrine
68"45@28 Howard Hill Redman

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
I lay awake at night wondering what is to happen to me if she ever realizes just how much I have spent on trad gear and bows. Heh!
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
I have archery stuff hidden, My wife has never seen the items and probably never will. And I use them often.I am so good I should run the Witness (I mean Archery ) protection program.

And having stuff shipped to work can save the rushing home.    :goldtooth:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
I make sure to hit the mailbox before she or my son gets home. 4 year olds feel the need to tell Momma everything     :rolleyes:    :rolleyes:

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
We quit "discussing" new packages a long time ago!

:bigsmyl:            :bigsmyl:  

She says ignorance is bliss!  I love her soooo much!  She knows I am a good provider and would never spend money we need or don't have.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
The recently vacated doghouse at my place has hi speed wifi, a fridge for the cold ones and a comfortable supply of jerky!

:smileystooges:    :bigsmyl:
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
Roger on that Frenchy, I live by the code that "a man has to have a good doghouse".

A few weeks ago we were at the camp and one of my kids looked at me and said "Dad, our camp is nicer than our house!"   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

My answer?  AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
I don't hide anything from my wife.  

To my mind, that's a miserable way to live.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
When my longbow showed up, which I bought thinking it better to beg forgiveness than ask permission, my wife gushed over it, said it was a work of art.

A couple of weeks later, when her Sea Eagle inflatable kayak showed up, I gushed all over it and proclaimed it a work of art.

:readit:     :rolleyes:     :bigsmyl:
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
I'm up front about everything with my wife.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Well scince she left a few years back I have to say the Bank Account is the boss.   :nono:
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 06:04:00 PM »
My wife is a stay at home Mom, so there is no way I can beat her to the mailbox or delivery dude.  It ain't fair because I know she sneaks new shoes/clothes in on me.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
Been Married 49 years and we talk everything over $100.00 before we get it.It works for us.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
Now I ain't saying I take a portion of my paycheck and hide a little for my "tradhabbit" yep that's a word in the Redneck backwoods boys dictionary cause I just sign my paycheck and let the wife put it where it's needed..What I meant was I feel quilty just swapping a bow and spending money from a swap/trade on shipping costs and when a new or used bow arrives trying to hide the items just so questions aren't asked as how I got the money for the shipping? I always sell a set of arrows,quivers,old bows,scrap what metal I gather just to do things like that...I surely don't take anything from our paychecks or money's from selling say a truck or anything like that...Like Stone Knife has said I'm up front about everything except little things where I might trade something that is mine with the wife...I wouldn't care if she sold a pair of her shoes to get another if that happened...Maybe that's what I meant to say  :dunno:

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Me and my wife have an agreement on our personal spending. As long as the bills are paid and food is on the table, what we do with our own personal savings is up to us. If I ask how much was that (shoes) in her case, and the reply is $15.00, I know I shouldn't have asked. This has worked well for us for 25 years.
Glenn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©