3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who's the boss?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline rdoggsilva

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who's the boss?
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 01:15:00 AM »
No need to hide anything from the wife. She has three bows of her, plus other gear. She does not use them anymore being blind but still enjoys them and the memories they bring.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 02:26:00 AM »
Neither of us hide financial dealings from one another. We barely have enough resources for one pot, let alone a His and a Hers.

After 33 1/2 years of marriage (uh-oh, is that me counting?) we have each other figured out.  When we were setting the date to get married back in 1978 I suggested July or after mid-November (we had not dated through a hunting season). She was curious, about the specific dates.  I told her either well before bow season or after the rut.  I was a forester at the time and soon to be a wildlife biologist so she knew I was weird from the get-go.

I have been known to play down an upcoming purchase as, "This old used bow" .

I've never tried it but Patrick McManus (retired writer for back page of Field and Stream or Outdoor LIfe) wrote an article I've never forgotten about buying new guns.  He takes them apart and brings a few pieces into the house every few days or weeks.  His wife apparently didn't have problems with "parts" as much as she did with new guns.  By the time all the parts were in the house he had his new gun!  I'd think this would work well on a TD?

I think this is how Radar O'Riley sent a Jeep home from south Korea?

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »
My wife really dont pay any attention to what I buy.I am always buying selling or trading something.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline fivebears

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
My wife said she was going to get on here and ask everyone to quit selling me stuff.She may be the next ex.lol

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
My wife knows!!!  She asked me a while back why one person needs 14 bows ( she was down in my man cave, basement ).  I told that I didn't have 14 bows, she did not take into account the 2 racks upstairs. LOL
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 07:29:00 AM »
Thankfully my trad addiction is a profit center so the wife appreciates it.  She would anyway but it helps that I have never actually purchased a bow except for a $10 garage sale one  :)
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline lk2315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »
been married 37 years and never had to hide anything from her. In fact she has brought me the last 2 gun and 2 bows

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
Lets get somthing stright right now I AM THE BOSS when shes not around!!!! my wife has always said part of being a good wife is letting her husban THINK hes in charge.I can remember when I frist got into trad archery I was thinking I will be glad when I Have as many bows as guns.things seem to all just blend together.

Offline Nosight

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
I will say it, SHE IS THE BOSS.

She has been my hunting,fishing partener for the last 27 years.

She sees all of the bows out in the boytoy cave and helps me find more to add.

Her thinking ia "I always know where he is"

Work sfor me
Remember...aim small miss small...

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
"I just hope and pray when I die, she doesn't sell my bows n' stuff for what I told her I paid for them"...  :nono:    ;)
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
I'm still single ish (lost track of how many serious girlfriends i've had), it not the bow buying that's hard to explain, its the out of state tags, mounts, month long hunts and trying to explain how I can't go to mexico because I used almost 2 months of vacation lol.  

That being said the girl I'm dating now made it through a hunting season with a premier tag, so who knows.

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »
My wife is way to street smart for that so i don't bother. But she knows not to say a thing since her pocket book and shoe collection rival my bow collection.

With a couple of her girlfriends she did kid around once about me going on a hunting trip but i told her and her friends that i would be going to Africa, Austraila and Alaska if not for those rocks on her fingers. They all laughed and then she said "Forget I mentioned it" and we both laughed.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by daveycrockett:
22 yrs ago I told my to be wife my vices, hunting and bows. I buy and trade to my hearts content and she ,now my wife of 21 yrs, has yet to say anything negative.    :archer:  
Ditto for me! I defiantly married up  :) (except the part about 22 yrs...it's only been 8 for us)
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Bows are not like guns. If I ever got a gun in the safe, I could pull it right back out in front of her and she never knew the difference. She can spot a new/different bow no matter what. Besides, when she gets home from work and the ups man follows her up the drive way, it don't much matter anyway. No sense in trying to hide something you can't hide...just gonna get caught.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
Funny story and this one is true this time...My Buddy Bruce has so many bows laying around his house he forgot he had them...One day I was talking to his wife and she asked me how many bows I had..I said Oh about 10 or so and she said not Bruce he has 48 or something like that just in the house..I said to her that ain't counting what he's hideing in my shop!   :biglaugh:

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
We're always homest with eachother about what we spend. Keeps us living well below our means which keeps stress ata minimum.

Offline DGF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »
I don't hide it, but I sure don't flaunt it either. I don't think I could afford for her to go 1 for 1 on purchases with me and I'm not about to encourage it.

She has shown an interest in traditional archery and the last package in the mail was a new recurve for her. I hope this is more than a fad for her.

Dan

Offline RkyMtn Joe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
IMO if you gotta "hide it" you probably don't have any business with it OR even worse, you probably don't need to be married either.

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
I have a "hunting" account that I use for bows, supplies, or hunting trips. She knows about it and I take any job I can get on Saturdays to contribute to my "hunting" fund. The deal is no matter the pay check (Saturday paycheck) I take $20 out of it to put in my fund, the rest goes to the joint account. I still tell her if I'm thinking about buying something as little as a dozen nocks, I just want to be up front with her from the start.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Zdogk9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
I drag something home, I run the risk of her going "OOOOOOH! Nice, I wanna try it" more times than I care to recollect the next words are,"This is nice, I like it, thanks."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©