3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bareshaft tuning >>>HELP  (Read 375 times)

Offline Kentucky Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bareshaft tuning >>>HELP
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
When you shoot the blind bale try to execute all the different components of the shot the best that you can but FOCUS on one for 5 or 7 shots.  Them move to the next.  For example...work on executing all of them perfectly but REALLY concentrate on our anchor for 5 or 6 shots.  Move it around.  See what feels good.  See if its repeatable.  Same for stance...try it with your stance open, close your stance a little...5 or 6 shots.  How's that feel?

Concentrate on your bow grip for 5 or 8 shots.  Focus on your grip.  The bow will tell you how it likes to be held.  No kidding!  Move your fingers around some.  Move the heel of your hand around some.  Try it different ways.  But REALLY focus on finding which way works best.  Then do it the same way over and over and over again.  

Lastly, THE single hardest and most important aspect of archery form is proper back tension.  It takes time and effort to isolate and train your back muscles to generate adequate back tension and maintain it and continue to pull through your release.  You can spend a lot of time in front of the TV with a "string bow" practicing this.  No arrows, targets or bows required.  But you want to completely remove your shoulder and arm muscles from the shot sequence.  When you do that you eliminate some of the hardest problems shooters have with form.  Proper back tension makes your release smooth and consistent.  Proper back tension requires you to hold the bow properly.  Proper back tension makes your shots consistent.  Proper back tension eliminates tension in your string arm.

If there is ONE big thing your really need to concentrate on its back tension.  Google "string bows"  They are very good tools for helping you to isolate and train your back muscles.  

I'll guarantee you the Olympic shooter you know can teach you all kinds of things about back tension!  

Google "Desert Sky Archers BEST method archery form" and you should pull up a PDF file which is an excellent guide to proper biomechanically correct archery form.

Offline bowhunterportugal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
Hi gang,

I've shot today the BW finally! I did a video which I'll post tomorrow. I feel really comfortable shooting it but regarding back tension I'm having trouble identifying it.

Well, let see tomorrow what you have to say about the video.

Thanks
Don't hunt to kill, if I kill is because I've hunted.

BW PSA V 60" 53#@28
Samick Stingray 58" 55#@28
CE Heritage 250, 609 gr total
AD trad, 688 gr total
Simmons Landshark
VPA Terminator
GK Silverflame

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
"Desert Sky Archers BEST method archery form"