3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Raptor Signature Bow  (Read 104 times)

Offline SecondSeason

• Trad Bowhunter
New Raptor Signature Bow
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
Well here is a late trip report from last weekend.  Hauled my backed up to Spokane for my yearly turkey hunt.  This year I put away the shotgun "sure-thing" and used my new Raptor Bow.  I was sure excited to hit a turkey with an arrow.

Saterday 4am came fast and we were out in the hill behind my friends house.  With the sounds of gobbles coming from down the way.  We headed out to set up in front of the birds and were making some time with the flock when someone shot one and the flock turned the other direction.  We moved to head them off and set up in front of a solo bird making some sounds.

It took him "a jake" an hour to move about 100 yards.  He walked around some small trees and caught my bows slight movement.  The arrow and the Jake met about 2 feet from where he came around the bend and he nearly tripped over the arrow as it stuck into the ground.  We never saw him or another bird on saterday.

Our hunt nearly turned into a bigger hunt when 2 escaped buffs were walking towards us.  We looked into the regs to make plans for the next days hunt.  Without a loin cloth I might have to pass on the buff hunt.  

Sunday turned into one of the best hunts I have ever had.  We had birds all around us in the morning but they wouldn't work into out locations.  I did manage to spend some time with 4 whitetails real close.  

During our afternoon session we set up in a great clearing and waited for some calls.  While my friend was asleep I caught movement in the distances that looked like a yote.  I hen called and in about 5 minutes it came in from my right and stopped right in front of me at 12 yards.  Jumping the string it was nearly 4 yards by the time my arrow hit where it was.  Amazing how fast these buggers are.

Calling it a day due to my long drive home I walked the ridge back to my friends house while he drove back from his brothers house.  As I headed down to his house I heard a tom off to the east.  Got set up and called to him-- with a quick reply I learned I had better get set up fast.  1 Tom turned into 3 with a combined 24-30 inches of beards that didn't come out where I expected.  They came out above and behind me and i had to improvise quickly being caught in the open I was forced to not move for 40 minutes with 3 sets of eyes watching me.  I wasn't able to get an arrow off due to the eyes watching me.  So after they left I headed out to cut them off at the "pass" and ended up with a shot.  The arrows shot was cut short by a small branch that I didn't see.  Split it in half and stuck in the brance.  Denied.

The bow was sweet fast and now I am ready for my next trip.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Raptor Signature Bow
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:12:00 AM »
I shot one the last time I was at Raptor Archery it is a really hard shooting and great looking bow, at the time Ted did not have any for sale; but I think in the meantime he has a few that are ready to go; check it out.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©