3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alaska Bowhunting Supply, a service question?  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
Alaska Bowhunting Supply, a service question?
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:13:00 AM »
Hi all,

I thought Id relate an experience ive just had with Alaska Bowhunting Supply. Its not really a complaint just weird, and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

I ordered some Alaska Grizzlystik shafts and some Safari Grizzlystik shafts and some accessories on about the 15th of December '06. I got a reply saying they would send me the Safari shafts but would have to send the Alaskan shafts later as they were sold out. No problem. I was emailed a copy of the sales invoice and told the goods were being shipped that day, the 18th.

Problem is my VISA card hasnt been charged yet (almost a month later) and no one has responded to numerous emails ive sent the company. Weird.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems or knows something i dont?

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alaska Bowhunting Supply, a service question?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »
It's a fine company - can't imagine what the problem might be.  Have you tried calling?  Bet that would clear it up.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
Ed Schlief is solid gold, so you don't have to worry about your order.  He travels out of the country a fair amount and perhaps has been unable to check his e-mails in the last few days.

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
When in doubt pick up the phone. I never rely on email when I think that there may be an issue, there is still nothing better than actually speaking to an individual.

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
did you receive the shafts yet? If not, perhaps there are production delays - retailers don't usually charge until they ship the goods to avoid all that credit back hassle stuff that happens when you do that.

perhaps he didn't have the amount of either shaft to meet your order.

I think those shafts are made on a fly rod form by a vendor for Ed..so maybe the fly rod vendor had issues...don't know this just a guess...not certain I'm even right.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by luv2bowhunt:
When in doubt pick up the phone. I never rely on email when I think that there may be an issue, there is still nothing better than actually speaking to an individual.

Kevin.
Perfect advice Kevin. Pick up the phone and call and you'll probably find out there's no issue and nothing weird.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Problem when you are in Zimbabwe, it is not that convient or cost effective to call Alaska.  Not only is there a huge time difference but there is a huge cost.

That's why internet business is so good, you can converse with people all over the world via email.
Gotta answer the email though.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
I talked to Ed in December and he told me that there had been some production problems with the Alaskan shafts. It seems that the specs were altered by his source without his having been consulted and the whole batch-apparently a whole bunch-of shafts were recalled.He said the spines were off by a great amount-50+ lbs. I believe but can't recall exactly. He advised me to just wait a while. Great guy, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.            Grant

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Ed's a great guy to deal with. Try calling as others have advised. Once when I called his wife even patched me thru to his Sat. phone on his fishing boat.

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 05:18:00 AM »
Thanks for all the replies, Ed emailed me personally a few times while we were finalising the order and he bent over backward to help me, he was really great to deal with and seemed a great guy. Just trying to sort out whats going on.

As Wingnut says calling from Zimbabwe is REALLY expensive, plus with the 13hr time difference i cant even put it on the compnay expenses.

Im sure Ed will be in touch.
Good shooting!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
I'm going to forward this thread to Ed.  You can't believe how busy that one man operation can get at times. He's also had some incredible challenges with emails.

No excuses. Just some relevant facts. I 2nd the notion that man is solid! He's human. Let's see what a link to this might shake out for you.

Hopefully you'll hear soon! Cheers!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Ed has always been great to work with, no worries, he has had email problems in the past as said above, something about his get filtered out as spam, especially with aol in the4 states, I opened a gmail account and had not had any further problems.
shoot straight shoot often

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©