3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Journeyman "Pass Around" Recurve  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Journeyman "Pass Around" Recurve
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »
Bjorn,

Not a problem on my end, as next in line. No worries.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
Bjorn, probably my fault for not getting Matt's address to you.  I guess I didn't realize you were sending it off already.  
Oh well...definitely not the end of the world!
I'll PM Jake with the correct address so he can get it going back it the right direction.

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
any updates?

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
The bow made it back to Jake and I think he is  in the process of sending it along to Matt.

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
I just got a PM from Jake.  He had been out of town and will be sending the bow to Matt tomorrow.   :thumbsup:  
Thanks Jake...

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
Just got the bow but I have to leave town for a week. Will shoot when I return.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
TTT....eagerly awaiting some more input

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
Sorry guys.  The bow has been in the box for most of the month...been mailed back and forth and sat for awhile.  Anyway, Cullen from OK has the bow right now. I think he said he was going to shoot the bow today.  Hopefully we will have some more reviews soon.

Thanks for your patience...Jared

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
Gents,

Work prevented me from getting the bow out of the box. So, I just shipped it on to Cullen.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »
So Jared started this thread in April, sent it out in May, and he's received 3 reviews since then?   :dunno:  I wonder how many other bowyers and Jared are wondering if a pass around review bow is worth the work?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
I am wondering the same thing???

Jared and I started talking (PM) before I knew that he made bows. He offered good advise on antler bolts and gave me some pointers on making a great antler bolt, along with some good tuning advise.

Long story short... I got a recurve from Jared that is the best bow that I've ever shot. The bow has a riser design that promotes stability which equals acuracy. The grip on my bow is large which I like because I have some large paws and the grip promotes consistant shooting for me. The quality of Journeyman bows are second to none. The detail and quality workmanship on these bows are unreal. The best thing about Journeyman bows is that they shoot as well as they look and they are beautiful bows. I almost forgot to mention that my recurve is quieter than any bow that I've ever shot or been around.

I like my Journeyman recurve so much that I have a Journeyman Longbow on the waiting list. Since I started shooting the Journeyman I have placed at every 3D shoot that I've been to and I shoot a lot of 3D shoots. As you can probably tell I love my Journeyman.

I hope this helps for the folks that have been wondering about Journeyman Archery. If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me and I will gladly answer any questions that I can.

Ben

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
Ben, thanks for the kind words and the great review of your bow. Seeing someone that truly enjoys shooting and that is completely happy with a bow is one of the biggest reasons I build them...as most bowyers will tell you, it's defiantly not for the money...  :)  

As far as the lack of reviews...hey, things happen.  I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.  I'll send it on too the last four guys and then, odds are, back home.

Again, thanks to all who did give a review.   It is very much appreciated...Jared

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by owlbait:
So Jared started this thread in April, sent it out in May, and he's received 3 reviews since then?    :dunno:   I wonder how many other bowyers and Jared are wondering if a pass around review bow is worth the work?
I agree. I have participated in 3 Pass Arounds prior to this one. Each one before, I was able to receive the bow on a weekday, shoot it over the weekend, post a review, and ship it out on Monday. I was frustrated by others that did not review or only gave a cursory review. I posted my dismay, accordingly.

Then, I received the bow during a period in which I was working dawn til midnight. I never even opened the box.

I am a sucker for pass arounds and usually end up ordering a bow accordingly. This is a bow that I really wanted to try as the riser design intrigued me.

If possible, I'd like a second chance at this bow. I'd like to be put at the last of the list, again. And I would give a review worthy of being given that chance.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
I have my second Journeyman being made by Jared and it will be shipped very soon.  Jared if you are reading this, please feel free to post the pics you have.

You will find that Jared's work is impeccable in all respects and the bows are top performers.  Furthermore, you can count on great communication from start to finish. Ben's experience is the proof in the pudding on just how well these bows shoot!

Another Tradgang bowyer that is top shelf all the way!!!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Petrovic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
I got my first Journeyman longbow from Jared and all I can say is that it is the best finished bow I have and the myrtle veneers are amazing. I also back Buckster's comments about Jared's communication being excellent.

For anyone who is considering a new bow Jared should defenately be at the top of the list. I could not find any sanding marks on the riser and the limbs matched up perfectly to the riser (unlike a bow I got from another maker)

I know only have to convince my wife that I need some more limbs.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
Do we have any lefty's signed up to give that phenolic riser a workout? As soon as I saw that I sure wished I was a southpaw for a day!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
I am a lefty and would love to give a Journeyman a try.  If the list is still open I would be honored to shoot this bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline culleng

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
Hey guys just wanted to post a few thoughts about the bow. I recieved it the other day. I have got to shoot it a couple times. I can say from the opening of the box I was very impressed. Jared's work is outstanding. The bow is breath taking. The finish will rival any bow that I have seen. When I put it together and held the bow it felt very light in the hand and smooth to draw. I couldnt wait to get it outside and shoot it. I grabbed a few arrows and ran outside. Although it was 110 that day I still enjoyed every shot. I was very impressed with how smooth the bow drew. When I first shot it I hit right where I looked. The next four arrows found their mark also. Guys I can say with full confidence that Jared makes an outstanding bow that anyone would be proud to shoot. The finish is great and the attention to detail is second to none. I am going to shoot the bow a few more times tomorrow and will be sending her off this weekend. Jared has been in contact with me since this pass around started. This is my first pass around to participate in and hopefully not the last. Kuddos Jared on a fine product. PS guys the warranty is impressive also.
God and family.
58" Centaur 51# @ 28

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
Oh, if I do make the list as a lefty I will shoot it with Magnus - arrow making and feather grinding sponsor here - who lives 10 min from me and is also a southpaw
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Benjy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
I have not shot or held one of Jareds bows. I do know that he has put a bow on the St Judes auction for the last 2 years. That should tell you enough about him to include him on your list of bows to check out before you buy one!

Benjy
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©