3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Journeyman "Pass Around" Recurve  (Read 1445 times)

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Journeyman "Pass Around" Recurve
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by buckster:
I have my second Journeyman being made by Jared and it will be shipped very soon.  Jared if you are reading this, please feel free to post the pics you have.

You will find that Jared's work is impeccable in all respects and the bows are top performers.  Furthermore, you can count on great communication from start to finish. Ben's experience is the proof in the pudding on just how well these bows shoot! Another Tradgang bowyer that is top shelf all the way!!!
Thanks Barry!  If you guys don't know, Barry was the high bidder on a Bocote bow from the St. Judes auction.  Here are the (unfinished)riser pics I sent Barry.

Thanks to all that have given reviews...you guys are the best!  :archer2:

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »
Stunning piece there!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by ceme24:
Oh, if I do make the list as a lefty I will shoot it with Magnus - arrow making and feather grinding sponsor here - who lives 10 min from me and is also a southpaw
I'll make sure it stops in Ohio on it's way back!
Also, the bow is headed to Razorbak next...pretty sure he is a lefty.

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Barry, you have one fine bow there!!! I can't wait to see the finished bow, she's a beauty!!!

What specs did you end up going with?

Ben

Offline Benjy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
I knew I should have made barry dig a little deeper to win that auction!   :D  

Benjy
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
Well..came home today and saw I had a wooden box sitting on my deck..thinking what is that?
OH CRAP the journeyman bow is here..oh yes that is cool, after getting my screw gun out and unscrewing the box open..I wasnt expecting to find what I found...DANG what a sweet looking set of limbs and then I uncovered the risers...Dang more sweetness, bolted the lefty riser to the limbs (53#@28")and added the cork material to the limbs before bolting her down and strung her up with stringer from box..drew her back..pure smoothness to my 27" draw..drew her back to 28 then 29" and pure smoothness all the way..grab 5 Axis 500 shafts with 5"RW feathers cut to 28"BOP and 175 field points and that I just finished fletching this morning and shot her and other than the twang from the supplied bowstring..she shot smooth and pretty darn quick, put her down and admired the craftsman ship that was put in making the bow..I took off the rest material that came with it as I didnt care for it and added a fuzzzy velcro with a leather bottom plate and spaced it out so the feather would go thru the gap and I decided to make a spare string that will accompany her on her next travel date..I grab some new XS2 material from brownell and twisted up a new skinny 8 strand with padded loops (and in my excitement I made a sexy pink and blue string by mistake as I was gonna make black and blue..LOL ) and served .30 diameter serving and put some small wool puffs that I made the other day at 14" down from nock and with a 8" BH as the other string was about 7.75"BH  and I grab 5 shafts and went on the deck and shot her 5 times at my bag target about 17 yards away in the dark and WOW!!!! real quiet in the dark at 930pm with the new string and silencers and real quick as I can see it fly away but not where I impacted..went down to the target and 5 arrows touching...nah what a fluke I thought so I went up and did it again and same scenario 5 arrows touching, basically I did a blind bale as it was pitched black and my porch light just popped as I turned it on heading out to shoot, sometimes when its dark and quiet you can really feel the vibrations and noise level on a bow, sometimes this is how I tune for silence and  Im sure you guys are saying..yeah right no pictures, didnt happen..LOL well when I get a chance this weekend Im gonna take some pics and do more shooting and show you what this bow can do and as of now other than broadhead tuning I would take it out tommorow and hunt with her if my state deer season was open which I wish it was instead of sept. 15 since I would love to hunt with her BAD....Im gonna do more testing and shooting and gonna scale her with my easton electronic scale..right now Im loving the bow and I love this lefty riser immensely..I want to own this particular riser in general...somehow it just melted to my hand...so you guys that get this bow after me..dont break my riser..LOL   cant wait until this weekend to put her to her paces and a shout out to Jared the fantastic and wonderful creator of this bow..you really put the time and energy and knowledge to craft this powerful and awesome shooting masterpiece and I really need to talk to you real soon about this bow...thank you immensely for allowing us mere humans to try out your creation, it really blew me away and all the misconceptions I had of what this bow was gonna be like and after owning about 500 bows of all types and makes and styles and many of them high end bows over the years, this bow has made my top 10 list in a matter of a few hours and Im gonna have to do something about it quick...Im gonna string the righty riser up as well this weekend and shoot her as Im glad Im able to shoot either hand and take some pics and especially of the new and sexy string..LOL and Jared thank you again for allowing us to try out your bow..you really knocked it out of the park
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Dang Art!  Sounds like you're enjoying the bow...  :biglaugh:  Thank you so much for your "first impression" review!  
Right after I sent that bow out I received a batch of the XS2 string from Brownell.  That stuff is great and probably all I’ll be using from now on!  I haven't gotten into the skinny 8-10 stranders yet but maybe I’ll come around some day...lol  I have been shooting 16 strands with .024" Halo serving and love it.
I will look forward to seeing the pretty pink string though!
Art, I’ll make sure you get first dibs on the riser when I get it back.  ;)    ;)  
Thanks again...Jared

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
Well..I had a good day with the Journey bow  :)  , I normally shoot higher poundage bows but this bow shoots and performs like a bow 10# heavier in my opinion...and like I said in my earlier post the grip really works for me...Jared the XS2 string material is the way to go and skinny strings will go perfect with your line of bows..I normally use 0.24 halo serving but I just ran out and use the old standby b&w 62 serving and 0.30 diameter..I just added masking tape a couple wraps to the string and served the serving over it and it fits my X nocks perfect and my buddys 3D supernocks...and real durable as well..Im still shooting out the wool puffs to get rid of the loose fibers and then I trim to about 1 1/2"ball..right now its at about 1 3/4" so its almost there. I observe today when I brought the bow to my buddy Ken's house that when he shot it and then I shot it, it was pretty darn quiet and this was at 1/8" shy of 8" brace height and 3/8" nock point shooting split, Ken shot his goldtip 3555's with 145fp and I shot my Beman MFX 500 spine with 175fp. I don't have the exact weights but Im thinking with his and my shafts we were shooting in the 9GPI range and it was really throwing the arrows down with speed and authority and like I said in a earlier post ..if hunting season was tommorow I would be hunting with the bow instead of my other bows as I really feel confident with this bow and man I wish I had some time to hunt with her..LOL
I have a few more days to shoot her then off to the next fella...gonna do some tuning and testing if I can get some extra time this week but I will shoot her everyday until she has to leave ...here's a few pics of today inbetween the storms we been having, my buddy Ken seem to like it and I asked him about the RH grip..he said it was pretty comfortable and easy to get use to so the size of the grip didnt matter to much to him and then I tried it and it fills the hand nicely but I would get it about 1/4" smaller all around which as Jared said he can do no problem..now the lefty grip is not getting anything done to her..she is fine just the way she is..LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0369.jpg[/IMG]]  
  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0368.jpg[/IMG]]  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0367.jpg[/IMG]]    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0375.jpg[/IMG]]    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0374.jpg[/IMG]]    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0373.jpg[/IMG]]    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0372.jpg[/IMG]]
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
arrrgghhhh...been awhile since I posted pics..well here is the next batch

well here I am getting ready to try it and Ken trying to figure out my Iphone..LOL
remember camera adds 20# to your frame
  :bigsmyl:  
  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0377.jpg[/IMG]]    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0381.jpg[/IMG]]    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0380.jpg[/IMG]]    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0379.jpg[/IMG]]    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/razorbak1/bow/IMG_0378.jpg[/IMG]]  

well thats all for now..gonna have to re read the directions for posting pictures so that way I wont have that annoying orange tag...LOL ..heck my loose shirt makes me look pregnant or it after 40 we all look like that    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline michbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »
Art and Ken, thanks again for taking the time to shoot the bow!  The pics are great also...love the string!!!  Give me a heads up when you are ready to ship it on and i'll pm the info to ya.
Looks like you have it figured out, but please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks...Jared

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
Great looking bow when drawn!  Don't let that phenolic sink too deeply in your hands just yet Art!  I look forward to trying that out too
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
Colin..no worries  :goldtooth:  the phenolic gonna work awesome for you ..almost had a kill today with the Journeyman..sitting on my deck today and a woodchuck strolled up my driveway and walked by my ramp/stairs 5ft away and heading towards my shed 25ft away...looking away the whole time not paying attention to me..I happen to have the bow and a few arrows as I was shooting my target next to the shed a few minutes before..I got up and lean over the rail on the deck and as he was looking away I drew and shot..the shot looked good as it hit the chuck on top of the head and richochet the arrow into the target and the chuck got up and ran up the hill and took off..if I had a broadhead on the shaft..the chuck would be in the croak pot right now...Jared I will be contacting you in a day or so..Guys this bow is nice..great shooting bow..gotto try his longbow limbs on my new RISER  :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Bow was fun..getting ready to ship to next guy..thanks again Jared..bow was awesome
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
who ever gets this bow and any bow by Jared is gonna be pleased as the man knows whats he's doing..bow is packed up and gonna be shipped out
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
Razorbak,

Nice write up along with some great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »

Journeyman bow at 20 yards.  Bow shoots very good.  Love the narrow limb tips.
see

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »

Look at the limbs, shows it moving in the captured picture.  Bow is very dead in the hand. Would love for the riser to be a little heavier.  Bow shot 2018 aluminums very well.  Very fast with this and 125 field points.  Bow shot good with both strings shipped.  Loved the way the bow was shipped in the wood box.
see

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »

Arrows at 20 yards.  Overall bow was very impressive.  Solid lefthand phenolic riser was much heavier and I would have loved for it to have been for a righthand.  Jarred makes a truly well crafted bow.  I was pleased to have been able to experience this bow with the others before me.  It's off now to the next shooter.  Will try to get it out Tuesday after Labor Day.  Again thanks Jarred for letting me shoot this.
see

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
Dwight..nice pics..love the blur pics..I agree Jared makes a nice bow and I cant wait   :)  for my riser to come home..LOL
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©