3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elevated Rest  (Read 333 times)

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elevated Rest
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
T T T
Back with a question. Went ahead and put one on my Silvertip about a week ago. I have put 200-300 arrows on it since and of course launched them at my target. The vertical rubber piece on it has already rubbed almost clear off. SO, how often do you replace your Weather rest AND thanks SC Mercer, stand up TG'r
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
I've been shooting most of my bows off the shelf. However, in the past few months I've concluded that I get better arrow flight shooting off a "flipper" or "springy" type elevated rest.

By the way, since this moves the nock locator and my 3-under fingers up the string, this helps correct for split-finger tillered bows.

I prefer a berger button type springy rest but most wood riser bows aren't cut past center enough to use them. I usually use Flipper II arrow rests.  I don't think the Bear Weather rests are as forgiving and I have bought too many of them.

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Rick, it sounds like you may be overspined.  I have never had a rest wear out from shooting, and shoot a lot of arrows.  If they get replaced, it is because it got snagged, saggy, or started coming off.  They eventually would wear out, and while they last a long time, they end up getting replaced for some other reason first.  I have shot about the same number of arrows (250-300) through a rest I put on a few weeks ago, and it still looks almost brand new.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©