3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Using a bow quiver on a Shrew?  (Read 235 times)

Offline NW Jamie

• Trad Bowhunter
Using a bow quiver on a Shrew?
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:29:00 AM »
I have spent years trying to decide what quiver to use and need to have a yard sale to get rid of those that I don’t use anymore. Having decided against having a quiver on the bow several years ago I did think that at least that aspect was solved. Well now I have been shooting a very nice Shrew Classic for a year or so and starting to wonder how it would shoot if I did go and hang a quiver on it. Now I am not looking to enhance performance, the bow shoots a quite as one could want, as well it is a tack driving bow that shoots well. I am just starting to wonder if having my arrows on the bow would be the right place/way to carry them again? So, is anyone out there using a bow quiver on a Shrew? If so, has it affected the way it shoots, added any noise issue, etc.? Now I have gone to using Axis carbons so the arrow shafts are a small diameter and how they would fit into the gripper is an other question. Thanks for any responses, now I looked down a few post and see that a fellow Trad guy has posted a similar post, but on a different bow. Not trying to compete with that fine post, just wondering on a different bow.
Regard’s,
Jim

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Using a bow quiver on a Shrew?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
I use an Alaska Bowhunters Skookum double on mine. Holds two broadhead arrows at the ready. I carry my others in a Catquiver mini.

The Skookum actually quietness the bow even more, doesn't add any noticeable weight either.
Romans 8:28

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
Ihave a 4 arrow EFA on my Classic Hunter, dont even know its on there.

I would suggest the extension wing to move the nock end of the arrows back toward  the shooter. It lets you stand the bow on the bottom tip without the arrows being in the way.

Eric

Offline raghorns

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
I use a little 3 arrow Eagles Flight quiver on mine. I was concerned about performance as well, but it does just fine. At first I tried to snug it up on the riser a little and it would slip down, so I just put it as close as possible now and, bingo, it's great.

I just really like the simplicity of a bow mounted quiver...I've tried others and always come back.

Lyle
Ps 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
Take a look at Big JIm's quiver. I have one for my 56" TC, and it works fine.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
I have 4-four arrow EFA's that I use on my Shrews, love em.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NW Jamie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 04:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the solid information, it is as always appreciated. I have a great back quiver, from a sponsor MAL, that not only has lasted well and also works great for me. Now it may be age, but getting an arrow out from over my back is not the swiftest nor quietest of moves anymore. And then the fact is that most of the time there is a pack on my back when hunting. It would be nice to have one or two arrows on the bow, with more if wanted laced up in or on the pack. I had a Skookum two arrow several years ago when I was shooting a Savanna LB and never noticed any performance change either. Looks like it could be time to go back to carrying one to three arrows on the bow and then storing additional, if wanted,  in them in pack. Thanks for your input.
Regard’s,
Jim

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
I asked the same question recently, and decided that if I pull the trigger on a new quiver it will be from Big Jim....check out his video. Kanati looks good, too.

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
I'll second the EFA with the extension. I have one on my 56" Hollenbeck which is very much like a Shrew Little Favorite. Perfect match.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
Kanati hands down. I see you are in Nevada. got a good bud in Reno. Really, check out John's quiver. It' s worth  it. DB
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by batman:
 Really, check out John's quiver. It' s worth  it. DB [/QB]
x2

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
4 arrow EFA on my Shrew Little Favourite recurve.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
Kanati   :thumbsup:

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
I have many bow quivers and many Shrews, and the best I have found is an EFA with theTotem (the wing is optional but can be nice). The quiver acts as a damper and actually makes the bow quieter and more stable.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
Have you asked Ron LaClair which quiver he recommends? That might be helpful.

To me it seems unnatural to add a heavy quiver to a lightweight, high performance bow like the shrew. Our motto at EFA is, "Travel Light With Eagle's Flight".

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
Love our EFA's on our Shrews !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
They're not on my web site but I've got some quivers in stock with the Shrew Logo on them made for the Shrew bows by Eagles Flight. As stated, the Totem and Wing extension really work well on the Classic Hunters.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©