3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Limbsation question  (Read 226 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Limbsation question
« on: April 29, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying to decide if I want to use limbsations or an ultra flat rattle can to "camo" my bow limbs.

My questions are...
Do the limbsations have a textured finish?

And do they stick very well to a bow that has a textured finish?

I've painted some limbs before and been happy with the results, but the limbsations would look better..lol

Thank you   :thumbsup:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Limbsation question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 05:58:00 AM »
They are a vinyl tape so no texture, but they are flat not glossy. Never had any adhesion problems on any limbs. Nice quality is they are easily removed without alteration to the limbs finish. I like them a lot.
shoot straight shoot often

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
Ditto Katman

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:32:00 AM »
John, I've used the Limbsations. They work as advertised. Really easy to apply, fairly durable, and fairly easy to remove and clean up. Some of the finishes seem glossier than others. Mindy and Scott at onestringer can give you the best info on how flat the finish is on them. You can get them customized too. I had the initials of our "hunt club" put on mine when I used them.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
I think he was asking do they stick well on a bow that has a textured finish.I think they will still hold up well as long as you follow the instructions.I would email Onestringer with your concerns about the bows textured finish.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »
Thanks for the help!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©