3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gobble calls  (Read 183 times)

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Gobble calls
« on: April 29, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
I have carried an old shaker style gobble call in the past and never really thought it sounded that good, nor did I get good results from it.  Now to be fair, I usually only used it as a locator call or as a last resort, when nothing I tryed would bring a bird in that I could see.  
  I love different types of calls and trying to make sounds out of them and with the new style gobble calls out now, would like to try one.  The Haint call and Hale Fire are two that I have read about, but reviews are mixed on both, as far as ease of use and results and the Haint price tag is WAY more than I would spend on this type of call (have to find a used one, HA!HA!).
  My question is who has used a tube style gobble call (doesn't have to be the newer style), which one do you like, when do you use it and what were your results with one?

Offline jimmerc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gobble calls
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
This is all I use and it covers a wide varity of turky talk including a gobble! for a gobble it is just a matter of shaking the paddle side to side while holding the bottom of the box with the paddle handle facing away from you, a good rubberband around the whole box keeps things in place and going!!

1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
I recently got a version of the shaker from Quaker Boy. It is called a "Thug"? Works and sounds very good and was the difference in getting a couple of gobblers close this year.RC

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »
I use woodhaven mouth calls and with a little practice you can get a good gobble..
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »
Learn to voice gobble its what I do I can change it to sound like a jake or a full gobble from a tom.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Online Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »
2Blade, want to post a sound bite of that?  For real.  One jake and 1 Tom. Really work?

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Yea it works ive used it to bring birds in or to make them gobble. I usually try to sound like a jake just so I dont scare a bird. Im working on getting cell phone video will see what happends.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
Lefty:  I wouldn't waiste my hard earned money on one of those Haint Gobble calls either, just a gimmick, wont work at all. Total waiste of money and time.  RW       :goldtooth:
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
I use a simple batwinged diaphragm call, and get realistic gobbles, that bring the Ol Boss runnin..you have to practice, but it aint that hard!
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©