3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My sincere thanks to the Dixie Bowmen  (Read 167 times)

Offline Brad Isham

• Trad Bowhunter
My sincere thanks to the Dixie Bowmen
« on: April 29, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
I spent Saturday with a new group of friends, The Dixie Bowmen, near Richmond, Virginia. I did a book signing there for my new novel, THE SOUND OF THE STRING. I can't tell you how impressed I was with their Range, their facilities, and their people. Thirty new Rhinehart targets on the 3D course!!. A large field archery range. Hamburgers, hot dogs, brownies, cookies, chips, and drinks very inexpensive. The best part was the people though, as usual, when you meet a group of traditional archers, the nicest people my wife and I could have hoped to meet. Bo Slaughter, Dennis Scott, Wayne Chadwick, and Donnie White have got this place together and it's one of the best traditional clubs I've seen. Any archer in Va. should check out their website @  www.dixiebowmen.org  and come to their shoots or join them  August 18th and 19th for their Wounded Warrior fund raiser shoot. I'll be there again, shooting, signing books, and donating money to our veterans.
There are boundless benefits to the perspectives of others.
Brad Isham

Offline flungonin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My sincere thanks to the Dixie Bowmen
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »
Just ordered your book from Amazon for my Kindle. Truly inspirational. I relate to your writing a lot. I'll have to get a paper book for your autograph. See ya in Aug

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
Brad,  Nice to meet you.  Look forward to reading the book.  The weather kept our attendance low.  To all that came, we had a blast.  See you soon.  Jeff Harper
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline Brad Isham

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
Thanks to you both Steve and Jeff,
I appreciate the support and I am looking forward to the Dixie Bowmen shoot in August.

Let your friends know there is a banner link to the book on the Trad Gang main page.
Brad Isham

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
Thanks again Brad. I will spread the word about your book. Africa is a very special place. I would hope everyone could hunt it at least once.

Allen

Offline Brad Isham

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
Hey Allen,
I'm currently writing a blue collar guide to getting to Africa with tips of my own and some from Dennis Kamstra who writes "Tips From The Old Timer" for TBM. I hope to have it finished soon so everyone can start working on their own Safari.
Brad Isham

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
Sounds great Brad!

I read about 1/2 of your book today. It is much more than I expected! My hat is off to you!   :archer:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©