3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow mocassins  (Read 1156 times)

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow mocassins
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
I read that a few folks here use them, has anyone ordered from them lately? I ordered a pair of Bush Boots from them about a week ago, and haven't heard anything from them! Are they still in buisness? I've read nothing but rave reviews about them, and am looking forward to a pair of bush boots!! Thanks!!
That which doesn't kill me, will make me stronger!

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow mocassins
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »
1st of all don't panic,, I've been to the shop and that place look like it wasn't going anywhere and even look liked it was already there a hundred years.  with that being said they never once in my life returned an e-mail ever even when I knew they where open so forget that.  
try calling them on the phone and if thats a problem PM me you ordering info (name, type of mocc and size) and I'll call them for you and check because they always answered the phone when I called.

if they are making your moccs from stock (did you send a drawing of your foot?) waiting a week or two isn't bad, I think I waited 3 weeks for my dyers, arrows I buy off the wall so I can try them all on.
"Us vs Them"

Online 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »
I was told 6 weeks 2 years ago and got them in 4 weeks.  They had to be made due to my size.  The quality is outstanding I wore them today in fact.  You are dealing with a quality craftsman it will be worth the wait.

Offline Greg Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »
I think I waited about 4 weeks for my first pair and 7 or 8 weeks for a 2nd pair that I ordered concurrently with some mukluks.  The mukluks took a bit longer, I believe.  They are worth the wait. I wear mine about 90% of the time all day every day - my favorite footwear.  Just remember that whatever time they spend on the phone is time not spent making your moccasins.
And in the end of our exploring we shall return to the place where we started and know that place for the first time.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:43:00 AM »
I just got another pair about 2 weeks ago.
They will answer the phone when you call most of the time. My moccs came in about 4 weeks.
Outstanding craftsmenship.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
Did any of you guys get the bush boot? Thought about the 3 lace one, but thought the higher one would be better for me! Are they lined with anything, it's hard to tell from the pics? Will try to call them! Thanks!!

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
I would just call them. When I called the owner Paul answered the phone, he told me that he had my size in stock. He shipped them right out and I had them the next day. Granted I am in the same state that they at located. I love my moccasins, I went with the lace boot.

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
Call Paul.

Martin

Offline wixwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
My sons paid for a pair of the double sole lace boots for me for Christmas. By the time I placed the order, sent a drawing of my foot print (I highly recommend)w/ favorite Smartwool socks on and received my boots was several weeks. Well worth the wait. I did communicate by email with him concerning a question I had on a leather treatment product that I wanted to use. It took a follow up call to get a response from him by email on the particular product, but he did reply. These guys build a great product, I just think they are old school and don't rely on the techy stuff unless necessary (I wish I could escape it too).
I'll bet your going to love your new foot gear.
Fort Collins Archery Association
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
NRA Life Member

Offline taylodr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
It takes a few weeks, but I own two pair of shoes from them.  Absolutely wonderful.  You cannot go wrong with these guys.

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by wixwood:
My sons paid for a pair of the double sole lace boots for me for Christmas. By the time I placed the order, sent a drawing of my foot print (I highly recommend)w/ favorite Smartwool socks on and received my boots was several weeks. Well worth the wait. I did communicate by email with him concerning a question I had on a leather treatment product that I wanted to use. It took a follow up call to get a response from him by email on the particular product, but he did reply. These guys build a great product, I just think they are old school and don't rely on the techy stuff unless necessary (I wish I could escape it too).
I'll bet your going to love your new foot gear.
Talked to someone there today, and he told me I didn't have to send a tracing of my feet, as long as I had normal feet. Is the product you refer to, Obenauf's? I use that on all my leather stuff, and asked him about it. He said someone sent him a list of the ingredients, and he said it should work well. Will even ship via USPS to Canada, since us Canucks get raped by UPS! Looking forward to my new Bush Boots!!

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 07:52:00 AM »
I just got the Lace boot(3 hole) I really like it so far. I doubt you can find a better made mocc.
I also have a pair of the French Canadian boots. I like it as well but it is a bit small for me so I may end up selling them.
I really like what they do at Arrow Moccasin. Old school all the way,top of the line moccs.It will be worth a little patience and follow up to get a pair. I called and asked some questions twice and sent my order in after the second time. One month later I had a pair of custome made moccs.
No lining in my lace boot. Just the ruff side of heavy leather. BUT, after a few days of wear, it feels just fine and I kinda like the way it grabs my foot. A nice pair of medium weight wool socks and your feet will be cozy all day. Even tho the leather is heavier than anything you have in a shoe right now,it is not a hot shoe. Your feet will stay comfortable all day. No sythetics to sweat your feet up. I have since added a pair of our insoles and that is working out really well. Very happy about my moccs

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
Chuck, your(Chris) inserts have solved all kind of problems in several of my boots.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
Yeah they have. I use them everyday. I need to get a pair of arrow mocs!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Matt, You will not regret it. They are great foot gear. I can't bare the thought of jamming my foot into a shoe/boot that is covered/lined with plastic/rubber/synthetic stuff to ruin my hoof. We all need to go back to natural materials when and where we can. I may even have to start shooting wood arrows again. And wood bows???
Oh! now look what I strated.

Bruce, I tell you what, That is the truth right there. We made the first insoles about 5-6 yrs ago and my first pair solved a sore foot problem that had nagged me for almost a year.

Thanks for the feedback you two,
CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
I know they have saved me more than once.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Green Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
Lets see some pics of these arrow mocs!   :)
"Everything the power of the world does it does in a circle." -Black Elk

Offline Jorja Boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
Also, if you are still shopping around, check out  www.russellmoccasin.com.  I stumbled on them when I was researching for a pair a couple years ago. They got rave reviews. The wait is forever, but they are probably about as custom as it gets, unless you make them yourself. If I recall correctly, the measurement process on the buyers end, was pretty detailed. Led me to believe they would fit like a glove. She wasn't too keen on the thought of me spending 200 bucks on some slippers, so I never got them. Maybe one day.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
This is both of my pair. The shorter ones are 2weeks old. The tall ones are 15years old. I wore them a good bit for the first couple years then they got packed away during a move from MT. and I just got them back out. They are sheep fleece lined and very comfy to wear. Other than they no longer fit me. With wool socks and the fleece,they will keep you warm. I used to mush our dog team with them on but they are really to slick for snow. I wish I would have known about the Arrow Mukluks back then. Arrow will put a crepe sole on any mocc tho. I may get some with a crepe sole for town use. Arrow is  just great to work with and order from. I have heard some bad results with Russell.No first hand experiance tho, And they are really nice looking and well made from the pair I looked at. I was alway nervous to spend that money from the stories I heard.

C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Two Tracks,  your mocs look good.  Arrow should use pics of worn mocs on their website.  They look better than fresh ones...

Anyone try Arrow's Ligonier mocs?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©