3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow mocassins  (Read 1155 times)

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow mocassins
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
I have walked in wet grass, rain and puddles. I have never had my feet wet in them. The pair I have are the double sole. That's a half inch of leather curled up the side and it is one piece.

I have not had a problem with water. I treat them like any other leather shoe. I don't play in the water but it won't stop me from going out in it.

Martin

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »
I really don't want to sound like a salesman,
BUT,I wear a light wool sock with our felt insoles and any water/moisture that does come into play is not even noticed.The fact that the moccs have no rubber/sythetic in them at all means they will breath and disipate the moisture better and this means your feet will thank you at the end of the day,and all day long.
I wish I would have been into moccasins all my life. All natural is the way to go.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
Spoke with them today. Got a pair coming in 3 weeks!

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by TxAg:
Which ones? I can totally see myself getting a pair of 3 lace boots sometime in the future!
That which doesn't kill me, will make me stronger!

Offline wixwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by wixwood:
My sons paid for a pair of the double sole lace boots for me for Christmas. By the time I placed the order, sent a drawing of my foot print (I highly recommend)w/ favorite Smartwool socks on and received my boots was several weeks. Well worth the wait. I did communicate by email with him concerning a question I had on a leather treatment product that I wanted to use. It took a follow up call to get a response from him by email on the particular product, but he did reply. These guys build a great product, I just think they are old school and don't rely on the techy stuff unless necessary (I wish I could escape it too).
I'll bet your going to love your new foot gear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talked to someone there today, and he told me I didn't have to send a tracing of my feet, as long as I had normal feet. Is the product you refer to, Obenauf's? I use that on all my leather stuff, and asked him about it. He said someone sent him a list of the ingredients, and he said it should work well. Will even ship via USPS to Canada, since us Canucks get raped by UPS! Looking forward to my new Bush Boots!!

Sinawalli,

The product was Obenauff' and I too am a fan of this product on all my leather.

You are going to love your moc's
Fort Collins Archery Association
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
NRA Life Member

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
http://www.****.ca/itm/Military-Rubber-Boots-3-Loops-easy-on-off-Sizes-6-through-14-Combat-Overshoes-/290702810806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43af3cdeb6
Found these on ****. What do you guys think? A good idea?
That which doesn't kill me, will make me stronger!

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by sinawalli:

Originally posted by TxAg:
Which ones? I can totally see myself getting a pair of 3 lace boots sometime in the future! [/b]
Yep, the lace boots with a double sole.

I didn't have to send a tracing. I wear a EE in athletic shoes and a D in dress shoes. The dress shoes aren't very comfortable, though. He suggested an E since his version of an E is comparable to everyone else's (import) version of an EE.

I wear an 11 in atheleic shoes and a 10-10.5 in dress shoes. He suggested the 10.5 as they'll mold and stretch to your foot.

They have a good exchange policy and relatively short wait time so I was fine with his recommendations.

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
I just ordered a pair of the three eye double sole and they had my size and they will be shipped Monday
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
I think this thread is going to cost me some money.  :banghead:
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by ranger 3:
I just ordered a pair of the three eye double sole and they had my size and they will be shipped Monday
You need to go buy a lotto ticket. Its your lucky day

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 11:04:00 PM »
I agree with you Rob W. I've been wanting a pair of Arrow Mocs forever!!! I may just have to break into the piggy bank and order a pair.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline longbow guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
I also just ordered a pair of double sole lace boots. Ive been wanting a pair for a long long time!  :pray:    :pray:
(david miller) old tom , black widow  pl III and  pl ll
wifes (david miller) little hawk
wifes black rhino
two tracks longwalker
MLA Member and Compton Member

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
I have a question. For those who have them when do you recommend the single sloe and when the double. Thanks
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
I have had my double soled lace boots for a year.  Wear them daily.  Great buy that I expect to last for years.  Wear them on concrete, asphalt, ground etc.  Just don't drag your feet and the bottoms will see no wear.

Converml, I can't tell you about the single sole, but the double soled lace boots are great.  You still have a lot of ground contact and can feel anything.

I wore two pair of thick socks for several days with them to break them in, then only one pair.  I wear the short (just above the ankle) sports socks, wool, cotton, all work well.  The most comfortable are the smart wool socks.

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Converml:
I have a question. For those who have them when do you recommend the single sloe and when the double. Thanks
I'm not much help since mine haven't arrived.....but i got doubles since i live in cactus country.

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
Thanks Billy. Does anyone have single and a double to compare stalking in both? Thanks
Howard Hill Cheetah

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
I have the single sole version, and they are still plenty thick, unless you are in serious cactus country (Sonoran desert, south Texas comes to mind). I can still feel the ground through the single sole; they are nice for stalking, but slippery on wet grass.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
I got a call from Paul this morning just to confirm my order and CC number.  Good news.......they have my size and style in stock and they will ship TODAY!
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
I think single sole will give you better feel for the ground but I think the double will work well also. I wanted the double sole so that I could send them back to be resoled! I'm going with that theory. (:

Offline Converml

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
According to the web site and talking with Paul today the single sloes are resoled as well. He said if I started out with a double I couldn't go back to a single but if I start with single and feel I want a double sole that was easier. So I reserved the single sole today. O well see.
Howard Hill Cheetah

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©